Kaplan or Dr Collins?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brightstar17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which prepares you better or is similar to actual PCAT? DR Collins or Kaplan... Any sugesstions would be help..
Thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the feedback dear. Will supplement Kaplan for areas tht are weak with Collins....
Even if it's not useful for you, Kaplan comes with two online practice tests. For a 30 dollar price, you can't beat it. I have used Kaplan review as my primary source, and I'm feeling pretty confident for my July exam

Members don't see this ad :)
Really, how did you get your Kaplan practice tests? because I followed the site link on the book to register but I couldn't see the pearson tests. Your taking you exam in July? I need a study buddy, lol. I am about quarter way through my studying, finished with bio section. Let me know how you got the pearson tests for $30

Really, how did you get your Kaplan practice tests? because I followed the site link on the book to register but I couldn't see the pearson tests. Your taking you exam in July? I need a study buddy, lol. I am about quarter way through my studying, finished with bio section. Let me know how you got the pearson tests for $30
Kaplan and Pearson are different tests

The Kaplan exams came with the Kaplan review book for 30.00. I plan on buying the Pearson tests (3 for 90.00) closer to my July test date, but otherwise I am pretty much done reviewing. I feel confident about the math, and chem sections, a little less on bio, and I'm not even going to worry about the reading or writing. I will let you know how the Pearson exams go :)

The Kaplan exams came with the Kaplan review book for 30.00. I plan on buying the Pearson tests (3 for 90.00) closer to my July test date, but otherwise I am pretty much done reviewing. I feel confident about the math, and chem sections, a little less on bio, and I'm not even going to worry about the reading or writing. I will let you know how the Pearson exams go :)
Don't buy close to pcat. Once you take 1 test, it's exhausting 4 hours. Than you need to review it what you got wrong and go over it again, and not once..

Imagine you have 3 those. Buy them on July 1. Take first and see where you are.

Also people say 5 is easier than 7. 6 is like medium. They are all similar. Maybe to me 7 was the easiest I took it last and scored 90.

And reviewing them all 3 takes time! But it worth it. More practice more successful

Edit: after all Pearson's tests I took Kaplan. Don't ask the score....

Don't buy close to pcat. Once you take 1 test, it's exhausting 4 hours. Than you need to review it what you got wrong and go over it again, and not once..

Imagine you have 3 those. Buy them on July 1. Take first and see where you are.

Also people say 5 is easier than 7. 6 is like medium. They are all similar. Maybe to me 7 was the easiest I took it last and scored 90.

And reviewing them all 3 takes time! But it worth it. More practice more successful

Edit: after all Pearson's tests I took Kaplan. Don't ask the score....
When I say close, I meant like a month before, I planned on giving myself like 10-15 hours to review each test after taken. But I appreciate your advice

Is there a periodic table provided on pcat or not?. I read somewhere on the chem dr collins study guide tht is not... confused...will help to have the periodic table for electron configurations..