Kaplan or no

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyeluveyez

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm stuck between kaplan and independent studying which is much cheaper, is kaplan really worth it? Those who took the kaplan course, please leave your input..

AND..those who didn't take it and studied on their own, if you received high scores..please tell me your secrets..=)

Members don't see this ad.

What is considered high? I got 340/350 AA/TS with independent study; I guess that's 'good enough'. I had all summer to study but didn't touch a thing until the week before. Spent 5 days sitting through organic chemistry distance ed cds, 1 day of physics/QR, and I don't remember what I did the day before. I assume it was biology but I seriously don't remember a thing, except how expansive it was. I guess my undergrad taught me well. I think most here do kaplan, oat destroyer, or get mcat books: overkill. Since you're questioning it because of cost alone you probably don't need it. But don't blame me if you do poorly because only you know how much you need to study.