Kaplan or Topscore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FCIllini

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have taken the test and used both Kaplan & Topscore to prepare, which tests would you recommend taking right before the exam.

I was going to do the Kaplan tests this weekend, Topscore tests next week, and then take the exam immediately thereafter.

Did either product match more closely to the real test than the other? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

FCIllini said:
For those of you who have taken the test and used both Kaplan & Topscore to prepare, which tests would you recommend taking right before the exam.

I was going to do the Kaplan tests this weekend, Topscore tests next week, and then take the exam immediately thereafter.

Did either product match more closely to the real test than the other? Thanks!!

Topscore is better for mimicing the real thing.

I felt topscore was better for PAT and RC, Kaplan for everything else, but they both helped a lot. The real thing seemed easier than both Kaplan and Topscore.

For those of you who have taken both the Kaplan practice tests & the Topscore practice tests, which one would you say is more difficult??

My AA/TS/PA scores for the three Kaplan tests were:

#1 - 22/19/22
#2 - 21/19/25

and then I bombed chem & ochem in the last test
#3 - 19/17/21

I will be taking Topscore practice tests starting either tonight or tomorrow & the real thing on Saturday morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
My best advice is to take topscore tests the week before the real test. I took 2 of them and I feel the more comfortable you are with the testing environment the better you will do. I drove 1 hour to the testing facility and it was worth it. The first time I went I got lost, I realized that there was major construction and according to that I left home 2 HOURS early!!. Good thing I did because it took me 1.5 hours to get there during test day. I wore the same clothes it took my practice tests in too. I didn't want anything to be different.

ddsnp said:
...I wore the same clothes it took my practice tests in too. I didn't want anything to be different.

I should wear my pajama for the test. ;)

ddsnp said:
My best advice is to take topscore tests the week before the real test. I took 2 of them and I feel the more comfortable you are with the testing environment the better you will do. I drove 1 hour to the testing facility and it was worth it. The first time I went I got lost, I realized that there was major construction and according to that I left home 2 HOURS early!!. Good thing I did because it took me 1.5 hours to get there during test day. I wore the same clothes it took my practice tests in too. I didn't want anything to be different.

Thanks for the advice. Can I ask what scores you were averaging on those topscore tests, compared to your actual DAT? Thanks again!!