1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Kaplan Organic vs. the Real DAT

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by IzzyMarieDMD, Jul 20, 2006.

1. IzzyMarieDMD

IzzyMarieDMD Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey guys I was just wondering if the Kaplan Organic practice tests were harder or easier than the real test. I took the Kaplan one in the book w/o studying and made an 18. That made me pretty confident but I don't want to underestimate the real thing. Thanks in advance for your input. :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jackbauer!

jackbauer! Guest

Dental Student
    some say that kaplan is a good indicator while others say it's too easy. i would def. study though because the orgo can be very conceptual or a lot of rxns/synthesis....hard to predict.

izzy...good to see another nole on the board :)

jb!

4. issa

issa Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

me too i got 18 in my first test, but i retook it again and got almost perfect the second time after i studied. i haven't taken the real dat yet, but the questions seem similar to the other study guides. some practice tests are harder like dat achiever and topscore. after 2 weeks of study chemistry i got 19 and higher in every practice test i took. the real dat shouldn't be a lot harder than the kaplan blue book test.

5. IzzyMarieDMD

IzzyMarieDMD Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thanks guys. I will definitely study anyway, just to be sure.

JackBauer, haha sometimes it seems like there are no other Pre-dents @ fsu since we don't have a dental school.