Kaplan Organic vs. the Real DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IzzyMarieDMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I was just wondering if the Kaplan Organic practice tests were harder or easier than the real test. I took the Kaplan one in the book w/o studying and made an 18. That made me pretty confident but I don't want to underestimate the real thing. Thanks in advance for your input. :)

Members don't see this ad.

IzzyMarieDMD said:
Hey guys I was just wondering if the Kaplan Organic practice tests were harder or easier than the real test. I took the Kaplan one in the book w/o studying and made an 18. That made me pretty confident but I don't want to underestimate the real thing. Thanks in advance for your input. :)

some say that kaplan is a good indicator while others say it's too easy. i would def. study though because the orgo can be very conceptual or a lot of rxns/synthesis....hard to predict.

izzy...good to see another nole on the board :)

jb!

me too i got 18 in my first test, but i retook it again and got almost perfect the second time after i studied. i haven't taken the real dat yet, but the questions seem similar to the other study guides. some practice tests are harder like dat achiever and topscore. after 2 weeks of study chemistry i got 19 and higher in every practice test i took. the real dat shouldn't be a lot harder than the kaplan blue book test.

Thanks guys. I will definitely study anyway, just to be sure.

JackBauer, haha sometimes it seems like there are no other Pre-dents @ fsu since we don't have a dental school.