kaplan pcat prep book freaking me out!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gtam18

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going through the chemistry portion of Kaplan's prep book. I find that some of the questions asked take way too much time(maybe it's just me). How comparable are the questions on the recent pcat with the questions in Kaplan? Thanks ahead of time for the replies. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

gtam18 said:
I'm going through the chemistry portion of Kaplan's prep book. I find that some of the questions asked take way too much time(maybe it's just me). How comparable are the questions on the recent pcat with the questions in Kaplan? Thanks ahead of time for the replies. Good luck everyone!
The Kaplan review book is excellent. The questions after each review chapter is difficult and just test your knoowledge, so you should skip them. Take one test at the end of the book. If you want to practice more, buy online practice test of [pcatprofessor.com] ($59 for 90 days access).

gtam18 said:

I Came To The Same Conclusion!!! :eek: The Kaplans book was giving me completely obscure information that I didn't think I would need (biology section). I decided to stop using the review portions of the book and just take the final test this coming Thursday or Friday.

For a really good general chemistry review go to www.chemskillbuilder.com and use "guest" as login and the same for password. I think you will be allowed to use it for one month, but it is so unbelievably helpful. ;)

Good Luck
Chris

Take things in the Kaplan book with a grain of salt. THere is alot of just flat out wrong info in there. Make sure you keep oyour old textbooks nearby in order to reference them.

Members don't see this ad :)
vafcarrot said:
THere is alot of just flat out wrong info in there.

I didn't find too many mistakes in the Kaplans compared to the Petersons book. Oi. I counted at least two dozen mistakes in that one. The math in Petersons is about 3rd grade level. I'm figuring that the PCAT is going to fall halfway between the Petersons and the Kaplans books.

Chris

The math is not hard-but there is just so much of it!
Review statistics, probability, area formulas, fractions....
I think on my PCAt, the math was closer to the Kaplan book than any other review book.

Good luck!

Know all about logarithms. There were probably 5-10 questions about them.

Exactly. I found the PCAT to be half way in between Kaplan and Barron's