KAPLAN PCAT REVIEW BOOK vs everything else

Started by qingywingy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

qingywingy

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
I have a question. So I've been going over the kaplan pcat book and it goes in much more indepth than all the other books/tapes I have. I have cliffs, peterson and the pcat cds.

Is it that kaplan goes over more than needed OR is it that the other stuff doesn't go over enough material?

thanksssssssss.
gluck to all jan takers.
 
The Kaplan PCAT is a repackage of the Kaplan GRE and MCAT (I have all three). It is overkill in most areas and very deficient in the essay portion. I felt it was better suited as a basic science review read, rather than a PCAT practice.

Go with (in order of helpfulness) Cliff's e-book, Barron's, and Peterson's. Yes, I have those three as well.

There is also an online PCAT prep (not the Hartcourt one) that is absolutely useless, unless you have never taken a test before. It's nothing more than a collection of basic test taking techniques with "PCAT" splattered throughout.