Kaplan Practice test- how do these sections compare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Archie376

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Im taking my test next thursday so decided to finaly take a practice test to see how I sit through 4.5 hrs.
anyway how od you guys think each section compares to the real thing. im mostly concerned with QR and PAT. Gchem is obviously overdone in kaplan.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

from what i hear from friends, kaplan tests are harder and all 4 of my friends did better on the real thing than they did in the kaplan tests

Members don't see this ad :)
can anyone else confirm my response?? please let us know with scores if possible!!!!! thanks

I scored higher in all sciences and RC on the real DAT than Kaplan. My PAT score was about the same although this suprised me b/c I felt like the real thing was harder. My QR score was lower on the DAT but I never achieved a consistent QR score on the practice exams anyways. Time is killer in that section. The math word problems weren't too hard, I just couldn't figure out the solution quick enough.

If you're refering to the Kaplan Blue Book Tests:

For the PAT, contrary to what people have posted (overall, I don't mean this thread...just in general)...I thought is was similar to Kaplan. Cliff is also good. (A few of the TFE question in the blue book are too simple, don't expect it to be that simple. But, yes, it shouldn't be too suprising. It's fair in my opinion.) But again, most people feel differently...that's just my take on things.

For QR, I thought Kaplan was easier. But maybe my opinion on this one isn't that valuable since I didn't really study for this section like I should have. But, the key is to know how to do a little bit of all kinds of questions. Also, know the distance, mid pt...basic formulas. Know about triangles...30/60/90 & 45/45/90 (their ratios and area of equilateral triangle).

Hope that helps. Good Luck.

You mean the midterms/subject tests or th blue book?

From what I heard, the blue book is a lot easier than the actual DAT.

If you are talking about midterms...

I got 21/28 on the first midterm, and 23/22 on the final.

As for subject tests...
For bio: around 85%
For GC: around 90%
For OC: around 90%
For QR: around 70-75%
For RC: didn't do them
For PAT: 21 on the first, 23 on the second.