Kaplan Practice test score, How to interpret?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjk2492

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have started studying for the PCAT since the second week of May and I took Kaplan's practice PCAT test today (2013-2014 Practice Test 1 that comes with the big Kaplan's PCAT book) to see what I need to focus on. The scoring seems a bit odd, because they don't give you each section's percentile.

Does anyone know how my scores can be compared to the percentile?
Also, is the Kaplan practice test result a good indication for the actual PCAT?

Please help! I would love to know after sitting at the library for 4+ hours lol

My total was 432
Verbal 374
Biology 430
Chem 465
Reading Comp 420
Quantitative 470

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure that a 430 is right about the 90th percentile mark...so it looks like your doing really well!! keep it up!

Yep 430 is about 90th. 99th is around 445 and 50th is around 400. It is pretty accurate. I estimated a 99 from Kaplan and got a 97.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I have started studying for the PCAT since the second week of May and I took Kaplan's practice PCAT test today (2013-2014 Practice Test 1 that comes with the big Kaplan's PCAT book) to see what I need to focus on. The scoring seems a bit odd, because they don't give you each section's percentile.

Does anyone know how my scores can be compared to the percentile?
Also, is the Kaplan practice test result a good indication for the actual PCAT?

Please help! I would love to know after sitting at the library for 4+ hours lol

My total was 432
Verbal 374
Biology 430
Chem 465
Reading Comp 420
Quantitative 470

Hey I just took this same test my scores were:
Verbal 360 :/
Biology 385 :/
Chem 440
Reading Comp 385 ::
Quantitative 455
Total: 405

I thought I was way Better at bio and verbal but this test just killed me. In dr collins I don't score that low and I get around 36-42/50 correct on dr collins for verbal and bio.

Does anyone know if the real pcat is easier than this? Because I found this practice test rather sursprising in those sections.

Should I take the Pearson tests and see if I score better on those?

It is somewhat easier, but obviously it is easier for everybody, so it doesn't really help you. Do the Pearson tests anyway, they will help.

It is somewhat easier, but obviously it is easier for everybody, so it doesn't really help you. Do the Pearson tests anyway, they will help.
Alright.

Can anyone that's done any of the Pearson Tests inbox me for a bit? I have some questions about it