Kaplan practice tests vs. real DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amoshe87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how do the Kaplan practice tests compare to the real DAT? easier, harder . . .what?

Members don't see this ad.

how do the Kaplan practice tests compare to the real DAT? easier, harder . . .what?

See my post from earlier... I have my score vs, my kaplan score

over all id say bio is easier w/ kaplan and chem is harder

kaplan is very similar to the real thing.. with a few minor differences:
kaplan QR doesn't have as many word problems; real test has less of those solve for x type.
the real test has a significant amount of inference and tone questions compared with kaplan
GC and OC are very similar
bio.. is random.

kaplan QR doesn't have as many word problems; real test has less of those solve for x type.

that doesn't bode well for me, because its my speed at the solve for x type questions that make up for my slowness on word problems.

are the kaplan word problems at least on par with what we'll be seeing on the real thing?

yea, the kaplan word problems are definitely similar to the real test. i suggest you also get topscore.. at scholarware.com
i'd say their math is more of what you can expect. for some reason it's like 90$ on amazon and only 50$ on scholarware (which produces it..). but yea, topscore was great for everything. good luck.