Kaplan Practice Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Persevere13

Witness
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So for the all the kaplan people...

in general...are the full-length practice tests at about the same level, harder, or easier than the real DAT

If different, which sections would you say are easier/harder? Break it down if you would..

I did a search and it seems that everyone is somewhat down on kaplan, but i'm specifically talking about the full length practice tests not the course itself

I feel like the PAT/QR/RC stuff is rock solid but for some reason i'm feeling wary about the sciences...let me know what you guys think

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think OC and GC are good with Kaplan. There isn't much more to know than wat is given by Kaplan. Just know how/the different ways of manipulating that which is given. Kaplan Bio SUCKS, waaay too general and basic. I also don't think the PAT is sufficient. Kaplan Pat is a bit on the easy side (so i think anyway).

I thought that Kaplan was pretty easy compared to the real thing for all sections except gen chem (which was comparable) and orgo (easier on the real DAT). Be prepared for a big change in scores on reading and QR.

As far as i know Kaplans is way easy on all sections. I dont even know if they have a dieckman. Also kaplans is full of mistakes so you never even know if your answer is really wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
are you talking about full length(midterm, finals)

i thought those were harder than topscore.

I took Kaplan's full-lengths 1-3 and midterm and final, all online.
Can anyone compare those tests to their actual tests please?
I think that is what the OP is asking anyway :)

i also took the midterm and final, actually i just finished with the final...

Midterm:
19 Bio
18 GC
21 OC

Final:
26 Bio
19 GC
21 OC

I thought the midterm was a lil tough for GC because its all calculations and I thought the Final was too easy, I made some stupid mistakes for GC wish i could retake it :(...

I DOUBT the test will be this easy for Bio atleast...I heard the Ochem is actually easier which is in our favor because the midterm and final ochem were a joke...except for that stupid fisher projection question at the beginning of the final for ochem that makes NO sense wut so ever

my scores for midterm were

bio 20
gchem 19
ochem 19
pat 22

Last edited:
i think bio midterm is comparable to the real one.
but For me, it was too wordy and confusing which made hard to understnad and took very long time. usually i finish 40 questions of biology in 15 minutes ( topscores). However, the concept was not in depth like destoyer.

gen chem - some questions i did not know, had too many calculations.

organic - it was not bad, but made too many stupid mistakes.

pat - maybe easier than others?

comparing to my topscores

AVG topscores of three exams ( took about 3 weeks ago)

bio 19
gchem 20
orchem 19
pat 22

I went up 4 points on my AA from midterm to final, I think the final is just a confidence booster and nothing else.
Also Bio on final was extremely easy, as someone said earlier.
All the full lengths are fair like the midterm IMO.
But some of those questions are very wordy/confusing which costs us points.