kaplan q bank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sparks

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused: hi
i wanted to know if kaplan q bank(offered online) is worth buying and if it really helps you to prepare well for nbde part 1..i am planning to buy only if its helpful...

any replies wud be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

sparks said:
:confused: hi
i wanted to know if kaplan q bank(offered online) is worth buying and if it really helps you to prepare well for nbde part 1..i am planning to buy only if its helpful...

any replies wud be appreciated
i think Q bank is useless and waste of time .Review book is better!
i had bought last year and didnt find it good.

The Q-bank questions aren't good at all. Nothing like what's been appearing on the exams anyway....Don't waste you time and money on them.

Members don't see this ad :)
i totally agree with that too that Q bank is not very good . The questions that are there dont help u to prepare for the real exam.
Maybe the DA section is fine but again class 2 occlusion questions how they r coming in exams are not in Q bank.
In anatomy more of limbs is covered which is asked in part1 but in not so much detail.
physiology and pathology is more from USMLE type like case base these r clinical findinds and what do u think is diagnosis or treatment.
hope this helps

I too agree with anjali 45.
i didn't find it useful. its to much of detail. i think its more inclined towards medical students than dental.

:thumbup:
Thank you everybody for your responses:)i guess i wouldnt be buying it after all..what about usmle step 1 though?? is it worth buying?

If you are refering to the First Aid Usmle Step I then i think it's very useful. It's something that you would want to reveiw for just before taking the exam. Has lots of information in point form. Lot's of tables, diagrams and mneumonics to help you remember some of the very basic important things.

However the physiology section is way to short....refer to something else for this subjecte....