Kaplan Qbank down?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ej37

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is having problems with Kaplan qbank today? I get an "exception" error every time I try to take an exam...

Members don't see this ad.

Getting the same error I think. When I make a test it does launch but I cant see any the numbers on the left side. I can navigate using the left and right buttons at the top but it wont tell me what question I'm on. When I click end it gives me the error. There is also no "suspend" button showing up. I closed the window and went back into the qbank and the tests are showing up as suspended. I was able take an exam via the android mobile app though.

Yup, exactly. In fact, I noticed that the problem started right after I installed the qbank on my android device. Am wondering if this is somehow the cause. I have uninstalled the app and am still having the problem. it is the week before my test and want my qbank... naturally, they haven't responded to my email or phone call.

Just used it; it's working for me but periodically is freezing and i have to suspend/restart the exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just used it; it's working for me but periodically is freezing and i have to suspend/restart the exams.

I have had problems with freezing in the past too. The problem usually resolves on a different browser. The weird thing is that it doesnt' freeze on IE on one computer but it does freeze on IE but not on firefox on another computer. I just kept on switching browsers until I found one that worked.

I'm so eager to finish the Kaplan qbank and move back to uworld. I just feel angry every time I use it. From the random b.s. questions, browser crashes, slow loading, crappy highlight feature.

They have lots of good ideas in the question bank, but none of them are implemented very well.

I'm so eager to finish the Kaplan qbank and move back to uworld. I just feel angry every time I use it. From the random b.s. questions, browser crashes, slow loading, crappy highlight feature.

They have lots of good ideas in the question bank, but none of them are implemented very well.

they're the miller lite/coors light of the qbanks, lots and lots of gimmicks. i guess that makes world a nice craft beer. i'm about to start world as well...hoping it doesn't do the random "log out" like RX. good lord that is annoying.

they're the miller lite/coors light of the qbanks, lots and lots of gimmicks. i guess that makes world a nice craft beer. i'm about to start world as well...hoping it doesn't do the random "log out" like RX. good lord that is annoying.

in terms of software annoyingness Rx is #1 with the constant logouts, followed by kaplan with the above issues. UWorld is supreme in this area as well.

I called the costumer service line (1800KAPTEST). I guess this is a known problem that occurred when they did a recent system update. The guy referred to it as the "1 of 0" error, which is what mine showed for the question number. The good news he was able to fix it for me. The bad news... It required a full reset of my qbank... Luckily for me I had literally just started a 30 day subscription and was only 100 or so questions in.

I am almost done with my Qbank and have never had a problem with it (yes the highlighting feature is annoying as hell so I gave up on that within a few days). I use safari browser on a mac; maybe it works better with that?