1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Kaplan Qbank IS doable if you study.....sort of

Discussion in 'Step I' started by automan2, Apr 9, 2007.

1. automan2

2+ Year Member

I have been messing around with Qbank for about a month now. I have taken about 200 questions, mostly random and timed. I get anywhere between 40 -70%, but the vast majority are around 50.

I decided to take a block of questions relating to my last test block in school, in this case, the endocrine system. So I did a 50 question set of all subjects in the endocrine system, and what do you know, 84%. Not great, but an improvement.

So for everyone out there getting pissed off because you are getting 50% in qbank, study a certain area, then try taking questions over that area you just studied. You will see a difference.

Bottom Line: We are going to need to study for this exam! So I am going to stop taking random question sets for now. It isn't worth wasting the questions before I have started to study.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pleaseletmepass

2+ Year Member

and what if i took a block of Qbank questions pertaining to the block we are in currently and still scored a 48%? i guess there's no hope for me.

4. automan2

2+ Year Member

No worries man, I just took a block and scored a 40! It totally depends on the random draw of questions.

It seems like I am 2/3rds of the way there, and then I screw up the actual answer. I also seem to be picking the option the explanations say "This is possible, but not the best" So I am not picking the wrong answers, just not the best.

With time it will come.....or else I will move to the tropics and sell coconuts.

5. joe6102

joe6102 by the power of grayskull
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The questions are definitely doable, just really hard. Try doing a block untimed and cheat with First Aid. Most of the answers can be found in there.