Kaplan Qbook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you think about Kaplan Qbook? Is it good question book or not?

Members don't see this ad.

I started a thread regarding this topic a week-or-so ago. I did not get too many responses, but here's the link. From the QBook that I have done so far (the entire Medicine section), I think the questions cover a wide range of topics, some of which one may mis while preparing. The explanations are nice, as well. That said, the questions are much more straughtforward (and, thus, much easier) than those questions authored by the NBME. It seems like a good place to practice doing questions and gain some extra information. The questions, however, are not as tricky/twisted/convoluted as those that the NBME comes up with, in my opinion at least!!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=303506

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank all of you for the quick reply. It seems Kaplan Qbook is good for CK exam. I decide doing Qbook first, then UW.
Thank you again!

i took the test today and i thought it was more similar to qbook than UW. but UW was still a great resource to learn from as well so i'd recommend both

Thanks for your post regarding QBook vs UW. What would you consider a safe score on the QBook questions, with regards to passing Step 2-CK? I just finished the Medicine section, where my overall average was 61.75%. What do you think of this percentage? Thanks!
4424 said:
i took the test today and i thought it was more similar to qbook than UW. but UW was still a great resource to learn from as well so i'd recommend both