Kaplan QR Word Problems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snooper92

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else find the Kaplan word problems to be difficult?

I have no idea how they expect you to complete those practice math tests in 30 minutes. I'm not even close to finishing it in that amount of time, and besides that, I'm not getting the right answers for a lot them. So, I'm gravely concerned about this math section!

For anyone who has taken the DAT, what study guide had word problems most comparable to the DAT in terms of difficulty level and type?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

im in the same boat. there is no way i could finish the kaplan word problem practice test in 30 mins.
alot of people i talk to feel the same way.
dont worry. it won't be that hard.

Are you being serious that i'm not the only one that feels this way? The word problems are difficult...it's like you have to know right away how to do it or you are screwed because time is ticking.

I'm concerned because I've heard a lot of people say that the actual QR on the DAT is HARDER than Kaplan's QR...yikes...

I'd like to know what study guide has the most similar difficulty...achiever? or a GRE math section?? anyone??

i have actually heard the opposite of that...
every1 is saying the QR on Kaplan is way harder than the real thing.
But then again, people talk alot. so just trust yourself and your studying.
Cover all aspects.

I am doing kaplan QR subject test 1 and all i can say is OMG!!!!!!!!
I don't remember math being this hard last year when I was studying :scared: ( I didnt buy kaplan online course last year - just studied from kaplan blue book, destroyer, achiever, topscore for math) I haven't done any other math subject tests that are not word problems so I dont know how hard they are...but we will see. GL:thumbup: