kaplan qreview simulated exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coconut lime

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anybody taken this? if so, what did you think? i'm trying to get through it today and it is HARD!!! it seems a lot harder than the qbank questions were. am i just burnt out from too much studying, or is this really true?

Members don't see this ad.

i took it and got a 70something total, i thought it was hard as hell. you're not alone. from what people have said it isn't worth beating yourself up over. you're probably fine.

Yea, it's brutal and certainly not representative (i.e., Kaplan dumped all of their CRAP pharmacology questions into this test).

Members don't see this ad :)
I just took it. It was friggen hard! But then again, when I looked at the break down, there were more pharm questions than any other type of question (which I highly doubt will happen on the real thing). Also, there were a lot more cardio questions too, the only area in which there were more questions was the general concepts section. While I was taking it I felt like there were soooo many cardio/pharm questions, I guess I was right!

Is there anyone out there that has the Kaplan qReview test and the real thing and let us know how they compair?

My Step I was markedly easier (I think/hope) than the Kaplan simulation.

Oh my gosh thank you for posting this! I just did one of the blocks on that Q-Review & I did horribly on it. This is so embarassing, but I got a 14% :oops: on the pharm section!!! It was kind of funny, but if that happens on the real thing I'm screwed!

Don't worry. Pharmacology is classically markedly easier on the Step I than Kaplan. I got questions pertaining to the MOA of furosemide, photosensitivity of tetracycline, 2-3 on competitive antagonists (graphs/curves like in 1st aid), etc.

You'll be fine!