Kaplan review books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikkey

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I was just wondering about the Kaplan Review online review course books that you can get off ebay.
-Pathology
-Pharm
-Anatomy
-Behavioral Sc
-Physiology
-Biochemistry
-Micro

These are the books that come with the online course and are organized by subject. Are there subjects that are an absolute must for the boards and which books should I not bother reading?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

they are all pretty good but if i should pick an absolute must it will be Pharm, Biochemistry, Behavior Science and Physio(only topics you are weak in)

Personally, I really like the kaplan series for all the subjects, they are extremely thorough. Even the path one is decent, but Goljan is better. Other than that, Kaplan is right on the money in my experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
biochemistry is pure gold...I opted for CMMRS over kaplan micro. The neuroanatomy section of the kaplan anatomy book is really nice too.

In my opinion, the kaplan books are all pretty solid, but i didnt care much for the immunology portion. I also didnt touch the pathology so i wont comment on it.

In my opinion, the kaplan books are all pretty solid, but i didnt care much for the immunology portion. I also didnt touch the pathology so i wont comment on it.

Really? I thought the immuno was actually really good. Breezed through UW Immuno q's after spending about 5-6h doing Kaplan Immuno

Really? I thought the immuno was actually really good. Breezed through UW Immuno q's after spending about 5-6h doing Kaplan Immuno

I mean, it was alright, but I felt that the other books were relatively better. (The fact that I never really 'liked' immunology may be the reason for this.) :oops:

RR Path
CMMRS for Micro
Pharm Recall
HY Neuro
BRS Behavioural

The HY series is good if you have a solid foundation. I needed to start from scratch since my long term memory is non existent, so I went with Kaplan. I actually tried HY Neuro for a day but it just wasn't happening.