Kaplan review notes...helpful?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RNtoPharmD

Love
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I used Kaplan review notes as my main study guide.. that thick violet book.. I got it from the person who takes the online course last year... Did the content change at all this year?

I think I will stick to it coz I don't have time to study other review books except studying questions from other study guides...

Any of you thinks that this book helpful..
 
I used Kaplan review notes as my main study guide.. that thick big violet book.. I got it from the person who takes the online course last year... Did the content change at all this year?

I think I will stick to it coz I don't have time to study other review books except studying questions from other study guides...

Any of you thinks that this book helpful..


am studying from kaplan 2007 book and i think its a good book..i am taking the exam in october ...
 
be aware of the math, I just took the june pcat and the kaplan book did not help much. I was a bit overwhelmed, I saw alot of physics based math ( alot of vectors).
 
be aware of the math, I just took the june pcat and the kaplan book did not help much. I was a bit overwhelmed, I saw alot of physics based math ( alot of vectors).

Yeah.. I took June PCAT as well... I did see vector questions...

Seem like maybe I have to use MCAT books to prepare the physics..

By the way, I went to barnsnoble today and bought an MCAT book (McGraw Hill)..coz they don't have PCAT book.. I thought it was really detailed... I thought about buying it as reference and then returning it but unforntunatly I either lose or not am not given the receipt..😱. so I think I will just include it to my study if I have time... Do you think it's a good idea to use MCAT book for PCAT?.. If yes, which MCAT book do you use...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I dont know which mcat book to use, but it does sound like a good idea to me. it was something i was considering myself. As far as your book return problem, it happenned to me and since I paid with a charge card. I looked up the transaction online then went to the store and told them I had the wrong book and got a refund. ( had to speak to a manager).


p.s. still bummed over the pcat math section.
 
Hey I'm taking a Kaplan course in a couple of weeks. Do you think you guys could let me know specifically what math topics you think Kaplan did NOT cover that was on the June PCAT?