Kaplan Review Set Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futuredoc1364

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am taking step 1 in mid-June and I will have 35 days to study for it. I have decided to basically use the 4 Kaplan black covered books/ FA 2009 and Kaplan/USMLEworld qbank. I have heard a lot of people say that Kaplan review books are a waste of time and that I will be better off using BRS/ Goljan and course specific review books. However, I have been reading the Kaplan books as I bought them from an upperclass person in the beginning of my second year and I really like the way they explain things.

I basically have two questions: 1- Those Kaplan books that I have are the 2005 version. Are they outdated for the purposes of step 1? My classmates have told me that they are fine except the list of drugs they contain. What is your take on it? Is FA 2009 going to be enough to supplement the list of all drugs that I need to know? Do I need to buy a more updated Kaplan set? :scared:

2- I have been trying to search online for some schedules of people who used Kaplan to study with no real progress. Do you guys know of or have one that has been helpful to you?

I appreciate the help. :)

Members don't see this ad.

HI,
Am attaching the study plans I found on net !
One of the file has usmlestep logo on it!Beware its a scam!
42 days plan is subjectwiese!
May be the study guide by christopher and 6 weeks plan which are systemwise might help you plan with home study books!
Hope it helps!
Good Luck!

Attachments

• USMLE_Study_Plan.doc
    94 KB · Views: 126
  • How to study USMLE Step 1- 42 days.pdf
    563.4 KB · Views: 155
  • Step_1_Study_Plan.pdf
    28.1 KB · Views: 125
  • usmle-guide.doc
    201 KB · Views: 130
  • Daugherty'sVideoNotes.pdf