Kaplan score estimator

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

racerx

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble finding the kaplan score estimator on kaptest.com? When I click the link, it get a 404, page not found error.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else having trouble finding the kaplan score estimator on kaptest.com? When I click the link, it get a 404, page not found error.

Kaplan's website is slow as molasses right now, so I am not surprised. And from reading posts the last couple days, it has been and probably will be for a while.

When I logged in this morning, I could access the page but it wouldn't actually calculate anything...

it's working now...i think. it calculated what seems like a very high score for my percentage. anyone else having this issue?

Members don't see this ad :)
it's working now...i think. it calculated what seems like a very high score for my percentage. anyone else having this issue?

I was able to get it earlier today, but it is giving me the 404 error right now. I thought the calculation seemed a bit high too. I am at 70%, and it predicted a 241. I certainly don't feel like I could get a 241.:scared:

I was able to get it earlier today, but it is giving me the 404 error right now. I thought the calculation seemed a bit high too. I am at 70%, and it predicted a 241. I certainly don't feel like I could get a 241.:scared:

I think it's right, the kaplan q bank has difficult questions, I'm only at 52% correct (I've only done 600 so far) and it says 214 for me...so at 70%, 241 seems about right for their calculator. there is a disclaimer on there that says why their system may or may not be accurate, and they also say to account for their prediction of your score, +/- 16 points.

i know right. i'm at 53% and it's predicting 216. that puts me at 200-232 according to them, which honestly, i feel is high at this point. but i have to believe that their data is pretty strong based on how many people use q-bank. maybe the questions are actually difficult and we are doing better than we think...wishful thinking?:thumbup:

It's been pretty accurate for me, at least using the NBMEs as a judge. I've taken 3 of those so far. My most recent 300 Kaplan questions and my most recent NBME predicted my score within one point of each other.

I agree that Kaplan's questions are harder than NBME questions. I think all of the companies do that on purpose. The point of doing these Qbanks isn't to get a really high percentage on them. It's to teach you some things and make you a better test taker so that you'll do better on the real deal. Just my thoughts, for whatever you think they're worth.

I hope it's right. My scores are ranching from 50's to 70's, but if it's correct then I'm in the clear.... :scared:

after talking to some 3rd years today, it seems as if it might be correct. they were saying that q-bank is much harder than the real exam. these are smart folks who were getting 55-65% and did very well on step 1. i'll let you guys know how it correlates with my NBME score on sunday.

There's no real way of knowing the correlation with NBME's and that score estimator. I'm estimated at a 227 right now (60%), and I got a 206 on NBME 5. What???

im doing better on my nbme exam than the kaplan q bank thing...
i dont know what is a good predictor!!!!!!
:mad:

can anyone out there confirm or deny the accuracy of the predictor? i know there have to be a few of us SDN folks who still use Q-Bank...right?

Just posted on another similar thread....

My overal qbank score is 67%, which the estimator translates as a 238. My NBME scores are all between 230 and 240. So it seems pretty accurate for me.

We'll see how I feel this coming Tuesday...:eek:

thanks. i'm getting the impression that it actually is reasonable accurate given the +/- 16 interval.