Kaplan Step 2 CK lecture notes 2016 vs 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

checkmed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone reviewed 2016 lecture notes of Step 2 CK? What are the major differences between 2016 vs 2014 versions?

Please advice.

Thanks,
Resi

Members don't see this ad.

I've been searching for an answer to that myself, wondering if its worth buying the 2016 version since I have the 2014 set. The closest regarding that I got was from an amazon book review saying that they two versions are 98% same except for an added patient care section in the 2016 lot. I don't know how much of an impact that will have on the exam though.

If anyone else has deeper insight into this, I'd love to know please...

Reactions: 1 user
I'm currently using the 2014 notes and I managed to have a look at the 2016 ones. And when I say look, I mean, I flipped through the books for about a minute each.
There's not much of a difference. It's formatted slightly differently such that there are more lists in bullets rather than long sentences, but I couldn't see any major differences.

My 2 cents:
1. If buying 2016 is going to cost you a lot of money and you already have 2014 - Don't buy
2. If you haven't started your prep and you're thinking of which one, well, that's up to you depending on how much money you want to spend.
3. If you're half way through prep using 2014, quit worrying about 2016 and move on. The mainstay of your prep is going to be Uworld anyway. There't no point wasting time on minute details which you will pick up from elsewhere during the course of your study.

Reactions: 1 user