Kaplan Step 2 Videos -- Old or Outdated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoctor10

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought the Kaplan Step 2 videos? I recently bought them but some of the videos are outdated, i.e. references made to "2005" or "2006" current events.

Is that really the newest available set of videos? I thought they redid them every year or every other year...

Members don't see this ad.

Did you purchase Onlineprep? Which videos are you referring to? I'm planning on getting onlineprep and I'm hoping its updated.

Did you purchase Onlineprep? Which videos are you referring
to? I'm planning on getting onlineprep and I'm hoping its updated.

Yep Step 2 Online Prep.

Sounds like you bought bootleg videos.

Nope I bought them directly from Kaplan. Maybe I received older videos by some glitch? So I am going to contact them and try to get it fixed...

If anyone has feedback on this or a similar problem they've noticed, please let me know.

Members don't see this ad :)
well I used 2008 videos and 2010 notes and thoroughly destroyed the test.

The videos are for background information and first pass exposure to the materials anyway

Just get the most updated qbanks

Can anyone who currently has a subscription to the Kaplan Step 2 Online Prep Videos program please write back on here or PM me? Thanks.

Do they update the videos every year or two? There have been 2005 or 2006 references, and I wonder if others have noticed. I bought these videos from Kaplan directly.

I'm pretty sure the copies I have are outdated since they talk about old guidelines for things like mammography and dental prophylaxis. That being said, as long as you realize the changes in certain guidelines, the videos are pretty money for CK (which I just took). They were a great review and I think there were around 5 questions that I knew the answer only because it was some mundane trivia that was mentioned on a video.

Ok thanks for the response. That makes sense, probably just older video series comparatively to their Step 1 products (updated more frequently). Good to hear it is still a good solid resource for prep!