Kaplan Subject Tests vs. Destroyer (for chem and ochem)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Versati1ity

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm doing my final review before my exam on Saturday and am wondering which would be better to cover the five Kaplan subject tests for ochem and chem or the ochem and chem sections of Destroyer? All you 20+'s speak up!

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm doing my final review before my exam on Saturday and am wondering which would be better to cover the five Kaplan subject tests for ochem and chem or the ochem and chem sections of Destroyer? All you 20+'s speak up!

i would probably go kaplan...destroyer is often overkill, but definitely review the ochem "road maps". i think that was one of the most valuable things in that book. make sure you know the common reactions...clemmenson, whittig, aldol/claisen condensation, radical halogenation, grignard, oxidizing and reducing compounds, etc. good luck.:thumbup:

If you havent gone over the Destroyer at least 3 times yet i would suggest you do so. If you have and you know it cold then it makes no difference, Kaplan's will not add anything.