Kaplan tests scores/real OAT

JAB1215

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the Kaplan OAT class this summer and have been studying from their book & practice tests. However, my scores tend to fluctuate within the individual sections among the full-length exams and the individual section tests Kaplan provides us with.
My full length scores were:
Diagnostic - AA: 270 TS: 260
Full-length 1- AA: 290 TS: 280
Full-length 2- AA: 300 TS: 290
Full-length 3- AA: 320 TS: 320
Full-length 4- AA: 320 TS: 320 (lowest section: Gen chem-290 & physics- 280)
Full-length 5- TBD

After taking the full length 4 exam today, I am pretty discouraged that my score did not change. However, some of my individual section scores did increase & others decreased. From taking so many practice tests and timed section, I just feel like the questions can be so variable- so sometimes I get questions on topics I know really well & other times I don't. For instance, on my full length 3- I scored 320 in gen chem, but scored 290 on full length 4)
My goal score for the actual OAT is around a 340-350; for those who have already taken the OAT, do you think this score is realistic for me on the real OAT?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I took the Kaplan OAT class this summer and have been studying from their book & practice tests. However, my scores tend to fluctuate within the individual sections among the full-length exams and the individual section tests Kaplan provides us with.
Full-length 5- TBD

After taking the full length 4 exam today, I am pretty discouraged that my score did not change. However, some of my individual section scores did increase & others decreased. From taking so many practice tests and timed section, I just feel like the questions can be so variable- so sometimes I get questions on topics I know really well & other times I don't. For instance, on my full length 3- I scored 320 in gen chem, but scored 290 on full length 4)
My goal score for the actual OAT is around a 340-350; for those who have already taken the OAT, do you think this score is realistic for me on the real OAT?
Thanks!

yes, most people (including myself) think the kaplan tests are harder than the real OAT was. just keep studying and doing practice problems and you should be fine

yes, most people (including myself) think the kaplan tests are harder than the real OAT was. just keep studying and doing practice problems and you should be fine
Thank you for your reply! The section I'm most worried about is physics. I honestly really just dislike physics in general. After studying all the physics chapters in the big Kaplan book, I've now been doing random physics problems, but I just don't feel like it's helping. I've also watched some of Chad's videos for physics which seemed to help. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could raise my physics score? Thanks!

Thank you for your reply! The section I'm most worried about is physics. I honestly really just dislike physics in general. After studying all the physics chapters in the big Kaplan book, I've now been doing random physics problems, but I just don't feel like it's helping. I've also watched some of Chad's videos for physics which seemed to help. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could raise my physics score? Thanks!

I would say know Chad's videos inside out as well as his quizzes, if you don't understand one thing from his videos go back and watch until you do! Also, I've heard cracking the OAT book is a great review for Physics so I checked that out from a local library to see if it's any good

Full-length 5- TBD

Thanks!

Hi, I wrote mine on the 31st. I think my score increased 20 points from the Topscore OAT, and those exams were REALLY hard. I haven't taken a kaplan practice but I'm sure your grade will go up, most peoples do. Remember to stay calm during the exam, for you don't want stress to cloud your thinking. No doubt, there WILL be questions you don't know the answer to, sometimes a few in a row, but stay calm and think through them, or continue and go back to them. I think staying unstressed during the exam is the best advice I can give. During Uni exams, i find that i get stressed out when I only have 5 minutes left and my brain goes all over the place, so I made sure to not stress during the exam and to make sure I stay calm and collected. You'll do great! I believe in you.

Reactions: 1 user