kaplan verbal

Started by globy321
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

globy321

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just finished a kaplan verbal test and I got a 10 in their scale. roughly what kind of aamc score would I expect with a score of 10 in kaplan?
 
I just finished a kaplan verbal test and I got a 10 in their scale. roughly what kind of aamc score would I expect with a score of 10 in kaplan?

My AAMC verbal scores were within 1 point of my Kaplan verbal scores.

EK passages are better practice though, their scale for scoring is just not accurate.

I just used Kaplan to get an idea of where I stood, not for actual practice.
 
My AAMC verbal scores were within 1 point of my Kaplan verbal scores.

EK passages are better practice though, their scale for scoring is just not accurate.

I just used Kaplan to get an idea of where I stood, not for actual practice.

was your kaplan score 1 point above or below aamc?
 
I consistently got 11s on the verbal for both AAMCs and Kaplan and ONCE on a kaplan I got a 12.
I got an 11 on the verbal on the real thing. I think I hit a ceiling. I am a fast reader but the touch feely questions were the ones that always got me. To get over an 11, you need to master those questions and EK is good pratice for those.
 
I usually score around the same on Kaplan and AAMC verbal scales. However, the questions and the level of detail in the passages are dramatically different, in my opinion.

Kaplan passages are more convoluted and the questions tend to be more detail oriented. AAMC seems to be more big picture, and deduction. So I would use both to practice, and not rely to heavily on kaplan.