Kaplan versus other sources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpms

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I has become apparent that there is a plethora of material to choose from, in terms of step 1 preparation. I was hoping that someone could answer a few questions for me in terms of clearing things up.

1. Kaplan qbank or USMLEworld qbank?

2. I picked up first aid the other day and it seemed the entire book was a glorified outline. Does anyone recommend books that are quick, like first aid, yet in written text format?

3. I am using micro made rid. simple in my micro class, and it seems like a good book. Are the other books in the series good to pick up for step 1 review?

Thanks in advance to anyone that replies.

Members don't see this ad.

1. Try both if you have time. People on SDN seem to prefer UW.
2. FA - supplemented with RR pathology (Goljan), BRS Physiology, Lippincott Biochem, Kaplan Pharm, Micro Made Ridiculously Simple, Internet for quick lookup is my strategy.
3. Not sure about this one. There was a thread recently on this one.

3. I am using micro made rid. simple in my micro class, and it seems like a good book. Are the other books in the series good to pick up for step 1 review?

Unfortunately no other books in the series capture the same kind of humor format as the micro. The others in the series are basically comparable to any other board review text -- dense and non-funny, but certainly adequate. There is another thread on this on this board a few weeks back.