kaplan videos?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovepath

Y
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone have any opinion of the kaplan videos?
the ones with conrad fisher et al....

Members don't see this ad.

Hi-

I'm using them right now. I'm sure if u know everything in these videos you will be in good shape. But, to master it, is going to take a good amount of time. I've been going through the videos and found reading the notes beforehand and then watching the videos after (for repetition) is more helpful than going through the videos first and trying to transcribe it all.

The peds lecturer seems to lecture straight from the notes. Just read the notes.

The OB-Gyn lecturer (Sakula) is great. He seems to love OBGyn which really shows. You can tell he's put a lot of time into his slides. A professor who cares.

Endocrinology is pretty good too.

My Derm vids are messed up (the video)!

GI with Kornbluth is good (since he's a gastroenterologist). The other vids he lectures upon is so-so.

Nephro is ok but I don't think he covers all the bases.

Conrad Fischer is maniacal. He seems to put a lot of emotion into his talk and is above average. Seems to be all over the place compared with the notes.

Psych is ok.

Surgery-the prof reads straight from the notes while sitting behind a desk. Just read the notes.

From what I was told from my friend...OBGyn part of Kaplan is all you need to know...everything else is not enough! I'm going to supplement OBGyn and Peds with Blueprints.

I was thinking about going through the notes/videos, do USMLEworld questions, read through USMLE Secrets and that's it.

If anyone has any comments on the videos or how to approach them, opinions on the vids, that would be great.

i appreciate the depth of response....i always viewed them as a supplement. conrad is god, he sparks a passion that is barely there to begin with.

Thaitanium said:
Hi-

I'm using them right now. I'm sure if u know everything in these videos you will be in good shape. But, to master it, is going to take a good amount of time. I've been going through the videos and found reading the notes beforehand and then watching the videos after (for repetition) is more helpful than going through the videos first and trying to transcribe it all.

The peds lecturer seems to lecture straight from the notes. Just read the notes.

The OB-Gyn lecturer (Sakula) is great. He seems to love OBGyn which really shows. You can tell he's put a lot of time into his slides. A professor who cares.

Endocrinology is pretty good too.

My Derm vids are messed up (the video)!

GI with Kornbluth is good (since he's a gastroenterologist). The other vids he lectures upon is so-so.

Nephro is ok but I don't think he covers all the bases.

Conrad Fischer is maniacal. He seems to put a lot of emotion into his talk and is above average. Seems to be all over the place compared with the notes.

Psych is ok.

Surgery-the prof reads straight from the notes while sitting behind a desk. Just read the notes.

From what I was told from my friend...OBGyn part of Kaplan is all you need to know...everything else is not enough! I'm going to supplement OBGyn and Peds with Blueprints.

I was thinking about going through the notes/videos, do USMLEworld questions, read through USMLE Secrets and that's it.

If anyone has any comments on the videos or how to approach them, opinions on the vids, that would be great.

Hey Guys,
I just want to make sure that I have the right kaplan videos. the ones I have for the ObGyn is broken up into a gyn section taught by a bald hispanic prof, whom I have enjoyed and the OB part is taught by another prof. Does this sound like the same stuff.

Another question I have is about the question banks. Which bank is the best one. Ive heard a lot about USMLE world. Is this better than qbank. What are the pros and cons if any?

I also have the new orange step 2 books from Kaplan that seem to be pretty good.

THanks