Kaplan vs individual books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

artemis82

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is everyone's opinion on using all the Kaplan Subject books or going to individual books (like HY anatomy, embry, BRS behavioral, etc) Are the Kaplan books a better idea? If so, does it matter if they're 2004 version?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It seems to me that individual books are better because you have the luxury of selecting the best biochemistry book, the best anatomy book, the best physiology book, etc. With Kaplan, you are forced to use the same company for every subject. Does anyone disagree with this?

zeloc said:
It seems to me that individual books are better because you have the luxury of selecting the best biochemistry book, the best anatomy book, the best physiology book, etc. With Kaplan, you are forced to use the same company for every subject. Does anyone disagree with this?

Agreed. Word on the street is that Kaplan's Behavioral Sciences and Biochem are amazing. Yet, their Path book is severly lacking. I'm looking for individual Kaplan books too. Hopefully I can find a seller in the next few weeks.