Kaplan webprep/lecture notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheMaestro

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard many good things about the KAPLAN USMLE STEP 1 LECTURE NOTES (diff from home study program). Its like the First AID except filled in and explains concepts more.

I have the old books but I was wondering if I should just enroll in the WebPrep so that I can get the new version of the books.

I'm not 100% positive but I heard that the 2010 version of the books don't have review questions to help reinforce your understanding after each chapter unit (this is one of my main favorite features of the Lecture Notes). Instead, there are questions that come after each video lecture which are similar to the questions that used to be found after the chapter unit in previous editions.

I was wondering if someone can confirm this and could tell me if the questions found after the WebPrep lectures are the same as the questions found in the lecture notes of years past? Are the Kaplan video lectures really worth it?

The reason this is important to me is I absolutely hate studying infront of a computer because I find myself getting distracted easily.

Members don't see this ad.

Also, I forgot to mention that my other concern with the WebPrep is that I will be studying with classes. I am concerned that having access to the video lectures would be a waste as I won't even have time to get through them. Is this true? Also, does the WebPrep set up a customizable study plan for you?

Thank you for any help.