Kaplan's Chem section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CSade469

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not good at chemistry, but does anyone think the chemistry section for kaplan's online course is harder than the real test? I am not scoring well on the section test. Any suggestions? Also is there anyone in VA Richmond area looking for a study partner, b/c i need all the help i can get thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

CSade469 said:
I am not good at chemistry, but does anyone think the chemistry section for kaplan's online course is harder than the real test? I am not scoring well on the section test. Any suggestions? Also is there anyone in VA Richmond area looking for a study partner, b/c i need all the help i can get thanks!!

Kaplan's Chem section is not much harder than the real thing. You will prob gain between 1-4 points. You should work on getting your Kaplan chem section test score up to a point you would be comfortable with on the real DAT.

SMC2UCLA2_ said:
Kaplan's Chem section is not much harder than the real thing. You will prob gain between 1-4 points. You should work on getting your Kaplan chem section test score up to a point you would be comfortable with on the real DAT.

Thanks for the advice, so you recommend i should keep redoing the test? I mean some of the questions i'm like did i read this part, b/c you know how kaplan online breaks down chem into 2 parts.. but i'll keep trying.. the gas laws are difficult for me to remember, b/c i can't figure out whether i should remember the constants, and then i get them mixed up. But I will try to re work those problems. Anyone else have any other suggestions? or should i study chem. from another DAT prep course?

CSade469 said:

Read you review notes but also go through and understand you lesson book. Once you go thru then lesson book after reading the review notes, you will find that you have a much more integrated understanding of the test material. Critical Thinking on that DAT is what will get you a Higher Score. To answer your question that chem sections are a little easier on that actual DAT. Best of luck and believe in yourself.

CSade469 said:
Thanks for the advice, so you recommend i should keep redoing the test? I mean some of the questions i'm like did i read this part, b/c you know how kaplan online breaks down chem into 2 parts.. but i'll keep trying.. the gas laws are difficult for me to remember, b/c i can't figure out whether i should remember the constants, and then i get them mixed up. But I will try to re work those problems. Anyone else have any other suggestions? or should i study chem. from another DAT prep course?

which constants? R=.0821 mol*l/k is pretty much the only one you will need to know- im not sure what you are talking about.

If you come across a difficult question and you want insight into shortcuts or better methods then you should post it up and people will help you with it.

I know what you mean with Kaplan, their software is a real mess.