You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Kaplan's DAT book BIO
Started by azk1995
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No. All you need for bio is cliff book/notes and destroyer 2017 bio. At least that's what got me a 24 in bio. Also you can use boot camp but I feel that all the bio material in BC was covered in destroyer. That was back in March 2017 though.
Nice bio score! Now i don't have the 2017 version of destroyer but i do have the 2016 version. And i do have cliffs. If that essentially what got you the 24 im putting this book on the shelf and ill sell it or something lolNo. All you need for bio is cliff book/notes and destroyer 2017 bio. At least that's what got me a 24 in bio. Also you can use boot camp but I feel that all the bio material in BC was covered in destroyer. That was back in March 2017 though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2016 will do. I started bio destroyer 3 weeks before my exam. Don't overthink this section. Just use couple of prep materials for it and you will be good.Nice bio score! Now i don't have the 2017 version of destroyer but i do have the 2016 version. And i do have cliffs. If that essentially what got you the 24 im putting this book on the shelf and ill sell it or something lol
kaplan bio is a waste of time imho. the resources laid out such as cliffs, feralis/tyjacobs and DAT destroyer is good enough, scored 23
I would not use Kaplan's bio has my primary resource. I used it to supplement the many other resources I used to compile my notes but personally I think Cliff's is probably your best option as your main text, in combination with a secondary resource like compressed notes - IMO reading multiple textbooks for bio ends up being inefficient due to the enormous overlap between most resources.
to the enormous overlap between most resources.
I agree ... that was definitely my issue. I tried to outline Princeton Review, CliffNotes, Kaplan, and Destroyer, but my PR notes were like 80 pages long alone, and I take concise notes--no copy/pasting text. It was just too inefficient. This method worked OK in high school, but I wish I had discovered Anki notecards before my exam. Nonetheless, I am satisfied with my bio score.
Opinions on Kaplans DAT book for bio? i have it along with cliffs, but the anatomy+phys stuff seems more comprehensive in Kaplans. (Im not even sure cliffs has a&p)
not a fan of kaplan's dat book for bio. use cliffnotes + feralis's or my bio notes to supplement
One part you mention though is that Cliffs is light on the A&P. I would find something to supplement that is you are not confident in that section. While Kaplan may not be great it should supplement that section better than ignoring it completely.
How'd u study physio and embryo stuff cliffs sucks at thosekaplan bio is a waste of time imho. the resources laid out such as cliffs, feralis/tyjacobs and DAT destroyer is good enough, scored 23
How'd u study physio and embryo stuff cliffs sucks at those
well i had a decent background in those topics. but for embryo i specifically looked towards youtube to get a general sense, then went back to feralis/tyjacobs... added notes, rereviewed other sources, checked that it was in agreement. this took me about a week or so to fully get it (one or two hours, if not, more each day).
from those notes, i would summarize into onenote of all the steps of dev bio for each, human, frog, and bird. i then drew diagrams on printer paper since i'm a visual learner.
sounds like a **** ton of work, but it was worth it for me because i felt confident in that topic
How'd u study physio and embryo stuff cliffs sucks at those
Embryo is hugely visual in my opinion - definitely look at Youtube videos for those, there are some very helpful 3d animations.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 1K