Kaplan's Qbook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CityIvy

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
how helpful were the Qbook questions? are the Qbank Q's more similar to those on the real USMLE?

Members don't see this ad.

I have friends taking the live Kaplan course, and according to them, it consists of questions that have not been updated in quite some time. I've stopped doing them, because the Kaplan people told them to concentrate on q bank (it's a good thing--I wasn't doing too well with those q book questions)! :eek:

From what I've heard, qbank is a very good indication of the types of questions you'll see on Step 1.

Hope this helps, and best of luck on the exam!

CityIvy said:
how helpful were the Qbook questions? are the Qbank Q's more similar to those on the real USMLE?

Ive done a couple hundred questions in Q book. All I can say is that it is a good break from computer eye strain. The actual questions are similar in length and format to Q-bank, not exactly the same but similar. Same ****, different resource. If anything, they will reinforce concepts, especially if you are bombing certain subjects in Q bank. You can take the questions by subject in Q-book without screwing up the randomization scheme or whatever you have for Q-bank.

Legion

I ended up with a copy of the Qbook questions and found that it was nice for a couple of things:

1. The questions are sorted by discipline so if you are week in one area you can focus specifically on questions from that area.

2. There is more variance in the questions asked in the book. They dont ask the same questions from multiple angles like they do on Qbank.

If you have the extra time it is a good supplement but Qbank is definately number one.