kcom interview invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabedoctoo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been reading SDN for a while and this is my first post. Anyway, I just called KCOM and asked if they had made a decision on my file. The admissions lady informed me that they meet every tuesday, so yes, they met yesterday. Then I was put on hold for a while, she came back and said they did review my file and probably made a decision as well. But she cannot tell me over the phone of a possible invite and that it should take 2/3 weeks before I get something in the mail.

Does this mean I was rejected and she didn't have the heart to tell me over the phone? or does it mean that she really just doesn't have the decision on her screen and, therefore, cannot say anything. Any input would be nice. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

It's hard to say. I received an invite by email six days after submitting the secondary on the internet. If you sent a paper application in that might be why they are sending a snail mail back. Or maybe they are changing to snail mail now. So if they are talking about sending a letter, who's to say? Best of luck kicking back and relaxing until then.

Yeah, don't want to make you nervous, but mine came like a week after i submitted my secondary. It came by e-mail. In fact I just interviewed there on Friday, great school!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. I know I'm worrying over nothing, because I just submitted my secondary last friday afternoon... about 3 days ago... but I know kcom's adcoms meet every tuesday, so I thought they would have something solid if I called them today. Just a little disappointed when she wouldn't tell me either way.

goinverted said:
Yeah, don't want to make you nervous, but mine came like a week after i submitted my secondary. It came by e-mail. In fact I just interviewed there on Friday, great school!

Good luck goinverted. Hope you hear something soon.

wannabedoctoo said:
Hi guys,

I have been reading SDN for a while and this is my first post. Anyway, I just called KCOM and asked if they had made a decision on my file. The admissions lady informed me that they meet every tuesday, so yes, they met yesterday. Then I was put on hold for a while, she came back and said they did review my file and probably made a decision as well. But she cannot tell me over the phone of a possible invite and that it should take 2/3 weeks before I get something in the mail.

Does this mean I was rejected and she didn't have the heart to tell me over the phone? or does it mean that she really just doesn't have the decision on her screen and, therefore, cannot say anything. Any input would be nice. Thanks.

relax...but mine did go through very quickly last year. maybe a week or so after I submitted. however, I turned in the secondary very late in the season...so maybe they were quick to process them

My application for KCOM was complete (including LORs) on October 24 (a monday), and I got an email interview invite on October 27 (a thursday). So... ???? I dunno

My paperwork got turned in about Nov 15. About 3 days later, I got an e-mail invite for the interview and a week later I was accepted. However, a friend of mine got all of his paperwork in mid-august and he wasn't invited for an interview until march. Don't sweat it too much. They have a lot of applicants to go through. The stats on my class were something alongs the lines of 2500 applicants for 173 seats.