RedDO

7+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2009
South Lyon, MI
Status
Medical Student
I was just accepted to MSUCOM last week. I have been in at KCOM since October... Anyone have pros and cons for the two schools? I am trying to get additional input so that I can make the best decision. Thanks!

Aug 17, 2009
Michigan
Status
Pre-Medical
I was just accepted to MSUCOM last week. I have been in at KCOM since October... Anyone have pros and cons for the two schools? I am trying to get additional input so that I can make the best decision. Thanks!
Well, seeing that you're from MI, I would suggest MSUCOM. Cheaper (no OOS tuition) you'd be closer to family/friends, and you wouldn't have to move all the way to Kansas.

Everglide

EM PGY3
10+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Well, seeing that you're from MI, I would suggest MSUCOM. Cheaper (no OOS tuition) you'd be closer to family/friends, and you wouldn't have to move all the way to Kansas.
KCOM is in Missouri :p

I think they're both great schools.

rddoms

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Although I am a KCOM student, I'd stick with MSUCOM if I were you(You get in-state tuition, right?). If you were OOS for both schools, then it would be more about where you want to spend your first two years.

That being said, KCOM has a bunch of rotation sites in MI. It changes a bit for every class, but we have a good thing going with the MI sites.

Congrats on your acceptances, many would love to be in your 'difficult' situation.

JaggerPlate

10+ Year Member
May 28, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Although I am a KCOM student, I'd stick with MSUCOM if I were you(You get in-state tuition, right?). If you were OOS for both schools, then it would be more about where you want to spend your first two years.

That being said, KCOM has a bunch of rotation sites in MI. It changes a bit for every class, but we have a good thing going with the MI sites.

Congrats on your acceptances, many would love to be in your 'difficult' situation.
I'm with RD on this one ... cost is so crucial. If you were OOS for both, I'd say to go to KCOM, but I personally wouldn't pass up instate tuition for anywhere (no joke).