KCU Application Update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dhr1997

Reaction score
Submitted Secondary on August 16th and Got this email today.

"Your application to KCU-COM is complete and you are in a qualified status, which means you have met our academic criteria. The first review of your application did not result in an interview invitation. The application cycle continues throughout the year, so your application will be reviewed periodically. You will be notified via email if your status changes"

Did anyone else get a similar email? To me, it seems that I was not selected for an interview after the screening.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Took KCU several weeks just to send an email about my primary. Still waiting for a secondary at this point.

Submitted Secondary on August 16th and Got this email today.

"Your application to KCU-COM is complete and you are in a qualified status, which means you have met our academic criteria. The first review of your application did not result in an interview invitation. The application cycle continues throughout the year, so your application will be reviewed periodically. You will be notified via email if your status changes"

Did anyone else get a similar email? To me, it seems that I was not selected for an interview after the screening.
That is not an II, nor is it a rejection. So, you're still alive!

Reactions: 1 user
What were your stats if you don't mind me asking ?
509 MCAT one and only attempt, 3.67 GPA with a consistent upward trend, 140 hours of shadowing a total of 4 doctors including 1 DO, 100 hours of volunteering at the Hospital, and another 100 hours in a non-medical setting. Recommendation from the College Committee (including two science professors and a medical advisor) and two solid recommendations from MD's and one from a DO. I am a Canadian applicant with an undergraduate from the US. Hope this helps

509 MCAT one and only attempt, 3.67 GPA with a consistent upward trend, 140 hours of shadowing a total of 4 doctors including 1 DO, 100 hours of volunteering at the Hospital, and another 100 hours in a non-medical setting. Recommendation from the College Committee (including two science professors and a medical advisor) and two solid recommendations from MD's and one from a DO. I am a Canadian applicant with an undergraduate from the US. Hope this helps
You are an international applicant which could be the issue

Got a secondary today! :) seems to be holistic, as my sGPA is below the 3.25 screen but my MCAT probably more than made up for it

It’s not a straight up rejection so don’t lose hope! (easier said than done)

My stats were very average when I applied there and I got an II and acceptance. I truly believe they have a holistic approach to application review. Best of luck!