Aug 25, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Submitted Secondary on August 16th and Got this email today.

"Your application to KCU-COM is complete and you are in a qualified status, which means you have met our academic criteria. The first review of your application did not result in an interview invitation. The application cycle continues throughout the year, so your application will be reviewed periodically. You will be notified via email if your status changes"

Did anyone else get a similar email? To me, it seems that I was not selected for an interview after the screening.

About the Ads
Aug 6, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Took KCU several weeks just to send an email about my primary. Still waiting for a secondary at this point.

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Submitted Secondary on August 16th and Got this email today.

"Your application to KCU-COM is complete and you are in a qualified status, which means you have met our academic criteria. The first review of your application did not result in an interview invitation. The application cycle continues throughout the year, so your application will be reviewed periodically. You will be notified via email if your status changes"

Did anyone else get a similar email? To me, it seems that I was not selected for an interview after the screening.
That is not an II, nor is it a rejection. So, you're still alive!

Reactions: 1 user
Aug 25, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
What were your stats if you don't mind me asking ?
509 MCAT one and only attempt, 3.67 GPA with a consistent upward trend, 140 hours of shadowing a total of 4 doctors including 1 DO, 100 hours of volunteering at the Hospital, and another 100 hours in a non-medical setting. Recommendation from the College Committee (including two science professors and a medical advisor) and two solid recommendations from MD's and one from a DO. I am a Canadian applicant with an undergraduate from the US. Hope this helps

futurexray

7+ Year Member
May 14, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
509 MCAT one and only attempt, 3.67 GPA with a consistent upward trend, 140 hours of shadowing a total of 4 doctors including 1 DO, 100 hours of volunteering at the Hospital, and another 100 hours in a non-medical setting. Recommendation from the College Committee (including two science professors and a medical advisor) and two solid recommendations from MD's and one from a DO. I am a Canadian applicant with an undergraduate from the US. Hope this helps
You are an international applicant which could be the issue

Aug 6, 2020
Status (Visible)
Got a secondary today! :) seems to be holistic, as my sGPA is below the 3.25 screen but my MCAT probably more than made up for it

sparkysparkyboomman

2+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2018
Status (Visible)
It’s not a straight up rejection so don’t lose hope! (easier said than done)

My stats were very average when I applied there and I got an II and acceptance. I truly believe they have a holistic approach to application review. Best of luck!

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.