KCUMB and WVSOM Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

york_bama

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody have any information that might be useful for my upcoming interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

KCUMB is relaxed, conversational. If your the nervous type, just ask the students about your inteviewers a couple of minutes before the interview and talk about yourself. My interview ended early and my interviewers ask if there was anything I wanted to relay to the adcoms that wasn't covered in the interview. I wasn't really prepared for that. Got in though.

So you are in the 2006-2010 class? I really would like to attend this college...however, I am at the point that I will go wherever, lol. This will be my first medical school interview ever! Combination of emotions...nervous, excited, think I have to pee, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya, class of 2006!!. They'll probably start out by asking about your application, if you did anything interesting and such. Be sure you know the basics of major health care issues just in case but it'll more likely be centered around your application and personal statement. My PS was about working in the hospital as a patient care tech so it covered my motivation which I expanded on a little during my interview. Then we talked about my hobbies... Be sure you have questions to ask about the program and school in general. You'll get some more ideas at the tour. Also ask about the interviewers background. People always like to talk about themselves.

If you fly into Charleston, bring money for tolls. Also, enterprise was the cheapest car rental place for me (and they sorta gave me a little discount for interviewing at the school---unadvertised). Stay at the General Lewis (50% off for interviewees. Be yourself and know your application well. Plus, be sure to ask the interviewers plenty of interesting questions. Another thing, be ready for everyone treating you so nicely (even the students)--I was sorta taken back by it. Oh, ask plenty of questions and talk it up on your tour. PM me, and I'll tell you something else that I don't want to post on the public forum.

Hey, I have been to both interviews, and have been accepted to both schools. Definately KCUMB was relaxed and I wasn't asked anything rough. I also got a good vibe from the students, just be yourself. WVSOM put me on the spot more, and the interview went well but not smooth to say the least. It was 3 to 1, and 2 of the interviewers were hard to read. Some of the questions were also weird, but overall it was a good experience. Know all about yourself, recommendations, and application at WVSOM. Oh yeah, they like to say "ellaborate".....so be able to do so or you will look like an A + #1 JackA*s!! haha

york_bama said:
Has anybody have any information that might be useful for my upcoming interviews?

I turned down my interview with KCUMB so not much there. WVSOM, however, was the most relaxing interview I had. Check up on the interview forum portion of SDN for more info on questions, ect.