You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
KCUMB COB 2021-2022 (M.S.)
Started by MedSun
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just submitted my application and waiting for all the material to be completed on workday! Haven't seen much on SND about this cycle ):Hello!
Has anyone already been accepted this cycle?
I'm about to apply but I only have 1 letter from a science professor, and their website says they require 2. But I do have a pre-health committee and a physician's LORs. Hopefully that would be enough.
I just got notified today that I've been placed on the waitlist! I had applied to the DO program and was recommended to apply to this program, so I did just in case (this was done in November).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my acceptance letter yesterday!Hello!
Has anyone already been accepted this cycle?
I'm about to apply but I only have 1 letter from a science professor, and their website says they require 2. But I do have a pre-health committee and a physician's LORs. Hopefully that would be enough.
I submitted my application on October 18th and got my admission decision on January 19thFor those who were accepted,
how long did it to hear back from admissions after submitting your apps?
Whoah, that’s a long time:/I submitted my application on October 18th and got my admission decision on January 19th
To be fair, they told me that they were using a new applicant tracking system and were getting accustomed to it. Maybe that’s why? :/ You should have better luck!Whoah, that’s a long time:/
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
Dude I got waitlisted this past Tuesday
When did you apply?Dude I got waitlisted this past Tuesday
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
I applied in last November, but they never checked my course until I asked in mid January.
So my application was reviewed late January
So my application was reviewed late January
I emailed them about the pre req check also. My app was done on the 11th of January. It’s still not checked off. I have a feeling it won’t be for at least another month at the rate you guys got yours done.I applied in last November, but they never checked my course until I asked in mid January.
So my application was reviewed late January
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
I am assuming people are working from home so that's why the process is slow
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bronzeflamingo
Full Member
I had submitted my application in early January, but my LORs did not get submitted by my writers until recently. Everything should be done for my application now, but my prerequisite courses have not been checked either. Seems like things aren’t updated often on KCU Workday. Wondering if I should contact admissions to ask about the status of my application? Kinda nervous to hear back!
bronzeflamingo
Full Member
I did not apply through PostbacCAS and went through their application service since it seemed to be the preferred method. I also didn’t want to pay the fee associated with PostbacCAS! The fee for my application through KCU was waived, and I think they’re doing that for everyone right now.Has anyone else applied through PostBacCas?
I emailed them and they just said there’s nothing left to do and they will check it then send it for review. It’s been about 2 weeks since. I’m sure you can email them also! They’re very nice.I had submitted my application in early January, but my LORs did not get submitted by my writers until recently. Everything should be done for my application now, but my prerequisite courses have not been checked either. Seems like things aren’t updated often on KCU Workday. Wondering if I should contact admissions to ask about the status of my application? Kinda nervous to hear back!
They finally checked off my pre reqs! Hopefully, a decision will be made soon.
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
Has anyone every gotten off the waitlist because this is nerve racking to say the list.
bronzeflamingo
Full Member
For those who were accepted into the program, how did you get your acceptance decision? Was it through snail mail, email, or phone call? Just curious!
I got waitlisted/:
bronzeflamingo
Full Member
How long after pre-req check off did you get waitlisted? If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? Hope you get off the waitlist!I got waitlisted/:
Email!For those who were accepted into the program, how did you get your acceptance decision? Was it through snail mail, email, or phone call? Just curious!
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
Someone let me know how to get off the waitlist :////
Maybe continue to be persistent and email/call them? :// Show continued interest in the program!Someone let me know how to get off the waitlist :////
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
So they told me in march to contact them in late April which I did because I am still on the waitlist, but when I contacted them in late April. They told me they would review people on the waitlist in June. This is somewhat vexing ;/////
I honestly think you wouldn't have any problem getting into this programThe way you guys are getting on the waitlist scares me quite a bit. I am now just applying to the Master's Program at KCUMB. I wonder if anyone can tell me my chances of getting into this master's program. I have a 504 MCAT and a 3.85 GPA. The deadline to apply is June 1st. I applied to the DO school, but I didn't hear back, but got an invite to apply for this program. I just want to learn more about science and medicine through this program and hopefully be a great applicant for the DO school
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
Dude why Don't you retake you're MCAT and reapply to Medical school, This program is for people with lower GPAs than you. You should have no problem applying to MD or DO schools if you apply right now in the cycle. Don't blow 50K on a program when you can spend it working at a research facility or scribing for a Doctor while improving your MCAT.The way you guys are getting on the waitlist scares me quite a bit. I am now just applying to the Master's Program at KCUMB. I wonder if anyone can tell me my chances of getting into this master's program. I have a 504 MCAT and a 3.85 GPA. The deadline to apply is June 1st. I applied to the DO school, but I didn't hear back, but got an invite to apply for this program. I just want to learn more about science and medicine through this program and hopefully be a great applicant for the DO school
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
You should try LECOM or ARCOMs, Drexels DMP, for your masters program. ARCOM accepted like 90% of masters students this past cycle. PCOMs masters program but only the Philly campus.Thank you for the advice. My situation is quite difficult. I've almost maxed out my lifetime MCAT testing, so I have taken the MCAT several times. Although I'm working as a scribe currently, these factors were not enough for me to get into any DO school that I applied to. And thus, I knew that the next steps I needed to do was to look into master's programs to have some sort of chance
For medical school I would suggest rural locations like Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine or Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Sam Houston State College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
Did any of you on the waitlist get the email to apply to their priority deadline of June 1st. I am so disappointed, I thought they made a decision on my account. Also I have been on the waitlist since the beginning of February.
I will be declining my acceptance🙂 hopefully you’ll get a seat ❤️Did any of you on the waitlist get the email to apply to their priority deadline of June 1st. I am so disappointed, I thought they made a decision on my account. Also I have been on the waitlist since the beginning of February.
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
I will be declining my acceptance🙂 hopefully you’ll get a seat ❤️
Wow thank you, that is so kind. Why did you decline?
I got accepted at WesternU🙂 my first choiceWow thank you, that is so kind. Why did you decline?
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
Wish you the best of luck and congrats.I got accepted at WesternU🙂 my first choice
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
I have been on the waist list since Feb, so ill let know you. They did tell me they will look at the people in the wait in June (hopefully).Hello Everyone!
I also am waitlisted. Has anyone who was waitlisted been pulled off yet? Good luck to everyone!
I’ve been on the waitlist since then too! I was told that they would be reviewing in April and into may but when I emailed about a status update on April (as instructed) all they said was they would let me know if they needed more information. So now we wait until June?? ):I have been on the waist list since Feb, so ill let know you. They did tell me they will look at the people in the wait in June (hopefully).
I also received that email about applying by June but I think it was just an auto generated email. It was sorted into my spam/promo box so I didn’t even see it until you mentioned it. That’s when I looked it up and saw it in my inbox.
I think everyone’s priority deadline to submit their deposit was extended till June 1st. So whoever doesn’t pay by then automatically would free up seats.I’ve been on the waitlist since then too! I was told that they would be reviewing in April and into may but when I emailed about a status update on April (as instructed) all they said was they would let me know if they needed more information. So now we wait until June?? ):
I also received that email about applying by June but I think it was just an auto generated email. It was sorted into my spam/promo box so I didn’t even see it until you mentioned it. That’s when I looked it up and saw it in my inbox.
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
I wonder how they will pick from the waitlist, Like are people on the waitlist waiting for a seat or will the choose the best applicants only?
More than likely best applicants.I wonder how they will pick from the waitlist, Like are people on the waitlist waiting for a seat or will the choose the best applicants only?
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
Well Tomorrow is the deadline for the people to make a deposit. I hope to come off the waitlist.I think everyone’s priority deadline to submit their deposit was extended till June 1st. So whoever doesn’t pay by then automatically would free up seats.
No news yet on my end. Anyone get pulled or has updates?
Just got a reply from admissions. They said they haven’t begun reviewing the waitlist.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They do accept electronic transcripts right?
CorrectThey do accept electronic transcripts right?
Could someone confirm if we need to submit official DAT score for review purposes or is it okay with unofficial and official is needed if accepted? Thank you!
I haven’t heard or seen anything still
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K