KCUMB, Joplin vs. BCOM vs. Touro-NY, Harlem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NalT96

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!
So I got an acceptance to BCOM which has a beautiful campus and I’m just absolutely in love with the school.

I also got interviews at KCUMB Joplin and Touro NY, Harlem. I’ve never been to these campuses and I don’t know if the areas aren’t nice. I gusano my question is should I even go to these interviews or should I just be happy with BCOM and forget about all other schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys!
So I got an acceptance to BCOM which has a beautiful campus and I’m just absolutely in love with the school.

I also got interviews at KCUMB Joplin and Touro NY, Harlem. I’ve never been to these campuses and I don’t know if the areas aren’t nice. I gusano my question is should I even go to these interviews or should I just be happy with BCOM and forget about all other schools?
Go to KCU at least. I was very impressed with the school. Dont know about Touro NY other than some people saying they cant recommend them

Reactions: 1 user
Go to KCU at least. I was very impressed with the school. Dont know about Touro NY other than some people saying they cant recommend them

Second this. Kcumb would *maybe* give you better post grad options, and you’ll probably like it as much. It’s cheaper too.

Also, Touro is expensive. I’d skip this one.

BCOM student here - I recommend attending all of your interviews and choose the school you feel most at home at. Nothing sucks more than having to spend 4 years of your life in a school/state that you hate. I'm very happy for you that you have been accepted to BCOM, and I hope you choose to join our family, but I also want you to explore your options. Personally, I love New Mexico, and have no regrets in coming here. Our curriculum is excellent, and our rotation sites are solid. BCOM will make you a very competent physician.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
BCOM student here - I recommend attending all of your interviews and choose the school you feel most at home at. Nothing sucks more than having to spend 4 years of your life in a school/state that you hate. I'm very happy for you that you have been accepted to BCOM, and I hope you choose to join our family, but I also want you to explore your options. Personally, I love New Mexico, and have no regrets in coming here. Our curriculum is excellent, and our rotation sites are solid. BCOM will make you a very competent physician.
I chose BCOM! Honestly I’ve never been so in love with a school before. I’m beyond excited to join you guys!

Reactions: 1 user
I chose BCOM! Honestly I’ve never been so in love with a school before. I’m beyond excited to join you guys!
Awesome! I'll be a second year in a few months, and if you ever need any help, feel free to PM me and I'll hook up with you in person. Some advice prior to matriculation - read books. Medical school has a lot of reading, and the students who make the best grades are adept readers.