Quantcast

Kean U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LVD

Reaction score
Has anyone heard from kean university? We put in all that time filling out the application, writing the essay , going on the interview and even paid them an application fee, to hear nothing for months and months? No thanks. Totally turned off by this school. Anyone else?

STHERE

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't get them to call me back for a simple question! I have been turned off by this school, that's why I never really bothered to apply. The only thing it has going for it, is that it's cheap!

OTdream

Reaction score
I believe the whole university is actually on academic probation. Not sure if it has anything to do with the lack of communication.

OTdream

Reaction score
Thanks for the article !

No pb. I hope all accepted students and prospective applicants know about it! I would be sooo mad if I turned down another school to go to Kean not knowing they might lose their accreditation!

STHERE

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

I am not surprised at all! Called their multiple times to find out info on their new prerequisite and they never called me back. The class ended up becoming filled! Also I didn't feel like wasting $700 on their class when there is no promise of getting in. I am glad I never bothered applying after reading this article. I would have been worried spending 50k+ at a school that's on the rocks with their accreditation. It was for the best anyway!

STHERE

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just food for thought. Went on a job interview for a rehab place and the guy said he'd never hire someone from Kean. He said he never met anyone fit for a job at his facility he'd want to hire from there anyway. He also has his favorite schools where he finds plenty of qualified candidates like TJU etc.
Figured I throw it out there, something to consider... It doesn't matter where you go to school, but it does in other ways.