2022 Keck or Chapman?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

candytulips

Reaction score
Hello! I got accepted into both Keck Graduate Institute Pharmacy and Chapman University Pharmacy. I don’t know which one is better?

Keck Graduate Institute
- 4 years
- located in Claremont, Ca.
- $60,000 4 year scholarship
- apartment renting outside of the school

Chapman University
- 3 years (including summers)
- located in Ivine, Ca.
- $9,000 3 year scholarship + $2,000 for accepting the offer in 14 days.
- apartment renting outside of the school

Members don't see this ad.

Take Keck for the larger scholarship, higher NAPLEX pass rates, and better possible interactions with industry via fellows and fellowship programs.*

*If you're interested in industry

search chapman on here (and find that crazy dean who used to post but now won't answer)

although they both had less than a 60% path rate on the Cali boards - I don't think either are good schools.

PS- best answer is "none of the above" and go a different career route

Members don't see this ad :)
search chapman on here (and find that crazy dean who used to post but now won't answer)

although they both had less than a 60% path rate on the Cali boards - I don't think either are good schools.

PS- best answer is "none of the above" and go a different career route
This is the post you need OP, nothing else will be more true.

Also, lol at offering more $$ for accepting it quick before you have the chance to look up pharmacy’s current standing (-2%, worst of any profession and constantly ranked last in healthcare), truly shows how desperate they are and that they do know how bad pharmacy is.

In addition to the dismal pharmacist job market outlook, the poor NAPLEX/MPJE passing rates and attrition rates at those schools. You should also consider attending a school outside of the Los Angeles/California area as the cost of housing is insane no matter what kind of amount of scholarship they offer you. Either way, you will likely have to take out six-plus figures in loans. No offense to any Los Angles/California area residents.

Last edited: