Keep getting 19 on PAT datbootcamp?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harry_potter

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all..

I've been doing the PAT section on and off. For the first few datbootcamp PAT tests i've been constantly scoring 19. When I use the generators I make little to no mistakes.. but when I go onto the practice tests I score low?? I am aiming for 20s but so far its not happening :(

Does anyone have any useful tips or advice to overcome this obstacle?

Best,
HP

Members don't see this ad.

The generators are easier than the BC tests. Nothing else you can do besides practice more and learn different strategies that work for you. Practicing really helps you visualize the object in 3D.

The generators are easier than the BC tests. Nothing else you can do besides practice more and learn different strategies that work for you. Practicing really helps you visualize the object in 3D.
I agree. just keep working on the tests. Also, don't forget that the scores you get on BC aren't guaranteed! They just tell you how you are doing on them, but should not be taken literally! I was getting 19s and lower on the tests and on the actual got a 21. best of luck!

Yep the generators are definitely easier than the actual tests. Generators I can easily eliminate 2 choices but the real test if lucky maybe 1? 1st test scored 21 and from test 2-7 I got all 19's. Test is Wed. My plan is to skip TFE and come back to it at the end of the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
I constantly got 19s on all of my BC test. But I got 22 on the real thing. I think You should be fine as long as you understand how to do it.

Great. Thank you all so much! I feel much better and less discouraged! Gotta practice, practice and practice!

I definitely agree with the generators being easier, especially for angle ranking. On the actual practice tests, you have many more angles with one of the legs greatly shortened or flipped around, etc.

Keep working. My girlfriend was crying to me because her highest score on BC PAT was 16 (the rest were <15 ) and she got 18 on the real thing, so you should be in good shape.