keep undergrad books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optbear123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

i'm an incoming opt student (yay!)..just wondering before i sell all my books from undergrad, would u guys recommend keeping any of them (ie physio, organic chem, bio, microbio, etc) because they'll keep in use in opt school? thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

The only undergrad books I've used here at SCCO were my anatomy books. Sometimes I wish I had my old biochem and physiology books though. But overall, the course manuals provided by the bookstore usually suffice. So if you are unable to sell your books because they are old editions, I would keep them if I were you. But if you can sell your books, then it wouldn't be much of a loss. It's kind of like having supplementary material to help you.

IMHO, of course.

I jumped back to my anatomy, biochem, micro, and physio books, but nothing else. The organic book will not be helpful.

Although I jumped back to those books, the material given in class and the stuff that can be read in the library will be plenty to get you through. If you can get back some good money, do it, but many times I refused to sell the books back just because the amount they gave was so insulting. I once tried to sell back some novel required by class and we never read it...it had never been opened. I payed about $25 for it and they offered me $1.50. I told them it was worth more to me if I just burned it..it is in box somewhere.