1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Keeping Books for Surgery Internship

Discussion in 'Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties' started by Lebesgue, May 5, 2007.

1. Lebesgue

Lebesgue Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    What books would you recommend keeping from med school that would be useful during the internship year, if any...

Of course with the exception of those specifically mentioned in the surgery book sticky above.

I've got a box sitting next to me that I'm not interested in moving.

Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. surgical06

surgical06 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i just moved my books, an kept all the books i found usefull. especially a physiology, robbins path, pharm. histology, surgical recall i hear is still relevant (especially if u have the advanced one), netters, i like to keep my first aid and kaplan path book i used for step one studying. its got all my notes.

4. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm not sure I'd keep any medical books beyond an anatomy atlas/text and perhaps a good path book (of course, you are keeping your surgical texts and handbooks).

Reason being that general medicine does change, you can easily look up stuff on the internet/Up-to-Date, etc. and if you aren't especially keen on keeping them its probably not necessary. IMHO.