Keeping up with pharmacy knowledge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amaranth14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been a pharmacist (in retail) for a year now, and I know there is plenty of things from school that I have forgotten. Does anyone have ideas about the best way to relearn/refresh your knowledge on topics? I've tried just doing CEs, but it never feels like enough. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone, I've been a pharmacist (in retail) for a year now, and I know there is plenty of things from school that I have forgotten. Does anyone have ideas about the best way to relearn/refresh your knowledge on topics? I've tried just doing CEs, but it never feels like enough. Thanks.
I'm worrying about the same thing. I'm thinking a lot of it is just seeking the info out on your own consistently...

I just made an episode about how to stay current with medical literature, perhaps you will find it useful? It also got a good discussion on the medicine forum on reddit where several other tips were posted.

Here are my tips:
  1. Pharmacist Letter / Subscriber's Letter
  2. Pubmed Alerts on saved searches
  3. Electronic delivery of journal table of contents
  4. Utilize your medical librarian
  5. Listen to a podcast
  6. Discuss new articles with other healthcare providers
  7. Run a journal club

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not in retail, but see if you can get a hold of the ACCP PSAP modules your inpatient brethren might have from BPS recert.

It might be total overkill for what you're trying to do, but they have some good quality stuff, heck even the BCPS exam review material is pretty in depth and efficient/up to date.

Just don't pay for it if it's only for your FYI (ie you're not doing recert/exam taking).

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not in retail, but see if you can get a hold of the ACCP PSAP modules your inpatient brethren might have from BPS recert.

It might be total overkill for what you're trying to do, but they have some good quality stuff, heck even the BCPS exam review material is pretty in depth and efficient/up to date.

Just don't pay for it if it's only for your FYI (ie you're not doing recert/exam taking).
I used those on rotation; they are legit!

Many of the societies have yearly or biennial meetings if you join them. Great way to speak with colleagues and CE credit as well.

How do you get them without paying for them?

How do you get them without paying for them?

As ConfettiFlyer said "I'm not in retail, but see if you can get a hold of the ACCP PSAP modules your inpatient brethren might have from BPS recert.".....ie you network and see if you can make a friend who will share it with you.