Kegstands on Facebook?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrLahey

Trailer Park Supervisor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do I need to remove pictures of me pounding beers and doing kegstands from Facebook?

Members don't see this ad.

Do I need to remove pictures of me pounding beers and doing kegstands from Facebook?

To be safe I would say yes.

If you really want to keep them up, you could adjust the visibility/privacy settings so only certain people can view them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope; endurance is an important quality in any physician.

I agree with Zeppelin. Lock up your facebook so only friends can see stuff like that.

Change all Facebook privacy settings to friends only and don't have it as your profile picture, all problems solved.

You should probably send them in as you optional photo, just so the adcoms know that you can hold your ****.

Members don't see this ad :)
Independent of medical admissions, you should probably take those pictures down to prevent yourself from looking like a complete *****.

"So what do you possess over generic applicant X?"
"Well, sir, I consider myself an athlete. If you take a look at this, you'll notice my form is superb, the splash is minimal, and the fist pumps are at maximum."

I knew someone who created two separate facebook accounts. One was for work, which contained his real name and enough information about him. It didn't contain anything that anyone could find offensive. All the pictures were of him doing positive things .. ie. at his work bench, at lunch with former coworkers, volunteering in New Orleans.

His other account was his "real account." That had other information about him such as "I enjoy getting drunk at weddings." He changed first name to his nickname, which only his friends knew. That way, neither med school admins nor potential employers could find his "real account."

Not that I'm encouraging anyone to do this...

I knew someone who created two separate facebook accounts. One was for work, which contained his real name and enough information about him. It didn't contain anything that anyone could find offensive. All the pictures were of him doing positive things .. ie. at his work bench, at lunch with former coworkers, volunteering in New Orleans.

His other account was his "real account." That had other information about him such as "I enjoy getting drunk at weddings." He changed first name to his nickname, which only his friends knew. That way, neither med school admins nor potential employers could find his "real account."

Not that I'm encouraging anyone to do this...

I have two facebook accounts. I do the same thing except you have to be careful about who your friends are with your party account still.

Nerd alert.

You're right. I must've forgotten that everyone outside of the college world finds keggers totally awesome and will respect you for posting your TOTALLY RAD, BRAH pictures in public.

But then again I can only fantasize about a woman's touch because I just spend all day studying, so what do I know.

Nerd alert.

yeah cuz drinking too much beer is literally the coolest thing ever :rolleyes:

I realize bingeing on alcohol is new and exciting when you first start experiencing it, but when you post pics of it you look like a jackass to the rest of us for whom the novelty has worn off.

but w/e, just set your pics to private and make yourself unsearchable

Last edited:
I seriously couldn't care less about whether people get schwasted and do kegstands - but what is with the compulsive need to take pictures of it and post it online?

You're right. I must've forgotten that everyone outside of the college world finds keggers totally awesome and will respect you for posting your TOTALLY RAD, BRAH pictures in public.

But then again I can only fantasize about a woman's touch because I just spend all day studying, so what do I know.

COME AT ME BRAH I AIN'T EVEN MAD

except I don't know if bros actually use apostrophes

No - but around the time when you start applying make sure you tweak the privacy settings so only your friends can see them!

People have fun while drinking.

People take pictures with their friends when they're having fun.

People post pictures of themselves having fun with friends on facebook.

I don't see a problem with this and I don't see the need to judge anyone based on what they do in their free time. No one said anything about drinking being "cool" but calling someone a ***** because they have a picture on their facebook of a keg stand is a little shallow. Who cares.

Make your facebook private and all potential problems will be averted.

If you ever want a good job a lot of my friends in the business world tell me that several people got rejected internship / full time job offers because of what the company found on their facebook (pictures, statuses etc, even if it was on private) a lot of companies / admissions boards are using facebook to their advantage now. and I assume that this holds true for med school apps as well

If you ever want a good job a lot of my friends in the business world tell me that several people got rejected internship / full time job offers because of what the company found on their facebook (pictures, statuses etc, even if it was on private) a lot of companies / admissions boards are using facebook to their advantage now. and I assume that this holds true for med school apps as well

Not sure how adcoms would see your facebook pics if you have good privacy settings....

I think all they do is a background check and maybe google search of your name to see if some of your EC's match up or something.

Not sure how adcoms would see your facebook pics if you have good privacy settings....

I think all they do is a background check and maybe google search of your name to see if some of your EC's match up or something.

my sister was saying some companies have ways of checking your facebook stuff since you are applying for a job from them you allow them to or something of the sorts. Not really sure but I never keep photos of me partying on facebook, just normal social ones.

my sister was saying some companies have ways of checking your facebook stuff since you are applying for a job from them you allow them to or something of the sorts. Not really sure but I never keep photos of me partying on facebook, just normal social ones.

brb untagging 200+ photos and deleting all albums not involving my family

People have fun while drinking.

People take pictures with their friends when they're having fun.

People post pictures of themselves having fun with friends on facebook.

I don't see a problem with this and I don't see the need to judge anyone based on what they do in their free time. No one said anything about drinking being "cool" but calling someone a ***** because they have a picture on their facebook of a keg stand is a little shallow. Who cares.

Make your facebook private and all potential problems will be averted.

Well, duh no one cares. But if one of my friends put public pictures of himself/herself at a kegger getting totally wasted, I would think he/she is an equal ***** and/or tool. Nothing wrong with the actual act, but seemingly not having a problem with that being your public image takes it up another level.

Nerd alert.

People in the post-college world talk crap about other people posting wasted party pics and the like. It's one thing to have a pic at a party/club where there might be drinks in hand or lying around in the background, but stuff like kegstands or obviously stumbling drunk are going to get you talked about. Is it stupid? Yeah. Are people gossip ******? Definitely. Will future employers/admissions committees use these pictures against you? Most assuredly, even if they never tell you so.

See, it's not so much about the fact that you drink and party with your friends. It's about the fact that you're not socially savvy enough to hide those pictures from the public eye.

Independent of medical admissions, you should probably take those pictures down to prevent yourself from looking like a complete *****.

when the shuffling epidemic materializes you will be the first to go

People in the post-college world talk crap about other people posting wasted party pics and the like. It's one thing to have a pic at a party/club where there might be drinks in hand or lying around in the background, but stuff like kegstands or obviously stumbling drunk are going to get you talked about. Is it stupid? Yeah. Are people gossip ******? Definitely. Will future employers/admissions committees use these pictures against you? Most assuredly, even if they never tell you so.

See, it's not so much about the fact that you drink and party with your friends. It's about the fact that you're not socially savvy enough to hide those pictures from the public eye.

Exactly.

lol...the main reason people drink hard and do these shenanigans is to get photos on facebook in the first place to show how cool and badass they are.

just like the main reason chicks travel is to take pics and put them on facebook to show off how cultured and sophisticated they are.

at the end of the day it's all for facebook.

Two words: Privacy Settings..

I'm not one for doing keg-stands and taking pictures.. I don't let people tag me on facebook coz I have done crazy **** while drunk but if you already have them on there, go back to the two words: privacy settings!!

OP, I've made you a handy flow chart with my personal opinion:

1) Do you plan to go into orthopedics?
-If Yes, see Item #2.
-If No, see Item #3.

2) Leave 'em up! Yee-haw!

3) Take them down.

OP, I've made you a handy flow chart with my personal opinion:

1) Do you plan to go into orthopedics?
-If Yes, see Item #2.
-If No, see Item #3.

2) Leave 'em up! Yee-haw!

3) Take them down.

So it is true?? Orthopedists are the party people of all Medical Students??

Hmm... I took it to mean fratboy idiots. Different interpretations are so interesting :laugh:.

More like the jocks of medical students. It's primarily an old boys club of people who played competitive sports. I have yet to meet an orthopedic doctor under 6 feet tall.

I wouldn't post that type of stuff on the internet. You never know where it could end up. How many people have hit it big only to have people come out of the woodword with naked pictures?

More like the jocks of medical students. It's primarily an old boys club of people who played competitive sports. I have yet to meet an orthopedic doctor under 6 feet tall.

That's what everyone told me when I mentioned Orthopedics as potential interest.. And I play basketball and am >6'... But I thought they were generally kidding..

Is it embedded with the height and athleticism genetically? :D

I'm interested in Ortho and am definitely not a fratboy idiot.. Never fell into that lifestyle though I partied "sufficiently" throughout college..

It was a joke. But on a serious note I'd be more interested in ortho if I met 2-3 people who didn't fit the stereotype.

It was a joke. But on a serious note I'd be more interested in ortho if I met 2-3 people who didn't fit the stereotype.

I grew to like Ortho even before I knew about the stereotype and I didn't really think the stereotype was serious until I saw this post on SDN.. I will work on growing shorter to kill the stereotype.. :laugh:

I grew to like Ortho even before I knew about the stereotype and I didn't really think the stereotype was serious until I saw this post on SDN.. I will work on growing shorter to kill the stereotype.. :laugh:

My idea of the stereotype isn't that they're all tall...