Kent State Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mister Significant

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

,I have a few interviews coming up with Kent State being the soonest. . I was wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect from the interview day this cycle. I have prepared a few questions such as why podiatry and why kent state, but I was wondering how much feedback is given during the interview. I want to know how long-winded my answers need to be. I also was wondering if the interview is at the beginning or the end of the day.

Any information will be great, thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's a two on one interview. Your stats are pretty good, they might ask about your science gpa but even then I doubt it. For me it was done before Lunch, pretty early in the day. It was a really easy interview honestly, but they did ask about a couple withdrawals I had which I had an answer ready for.

It was probably ~15 minutes long total and the questions asked were pretty much what you see on the interview feedback page + a couple of open ended questions they tacked on at the end.

What do you mean by feedback during the interview? You can ask whatever questions you have, they're really helpful throughout the day.

Reactions: 1 users
It's a two on one interview. Your stats are pretty good, they might ask about your science gpa but even then I doubt it. For me it was done before Lunch, pretty early in the day. It was a really easy interview honestly, but they did ask about a couple withdrawals I had which I had an answer ready for.

It was probably ~15 minutes long total and the questions asked were pretty much what you see on the interview feedback page + a couple of open ended questions they tacked on at the end.

What do you mean by feedback during the interview? You can ask whatever questions you have, they're really helpful throughout the day.
Thank you for the information! I hope I can get the interview done early on as well so that I can actually focus on what the campus visit is all about.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted today to kent. Your Stats are within their accepted range. Kent was amazing! The staff, facility, faculties, students, amenities, rotations etc are top notch. I feel like they really give you the tools to succeed. The interview day was stressful but that's because it was my first interview, but the staff were welcoming and the interview felt more conversational than anything. I wish you luck and have fun!

SDN has a page that has all the interview questions students got from each school. I'd take a look at that if you haven't already. The interview was pretty quick. They asked about 8-10 questions and took notes about my response. I'd say 60 seconds is kind of the max per answer.

I did an interview at DMU and these are the questions that I got asked;

Tell me about a time when you lost confidence in something and what did you do to boost it back up?
Describe a time you established and maintained a relationship with a group that you were in.
What do you have to offer our school?
We know everything that you provided for the application, we want to know what it is that we don't know about you that isn't on your application?
What is your weakness?
What is your strength?
Tell me about a time when a situation tested your integrity.
Was there a time when you had to bend the rules?
Explain a time when you contributed to a group effort.
Do you have any questions for us?

P.S. - I added questions that are technically the same but they will ask you questions that are worded differently. You need to be ready for that because it will sound scripted if you just study a few questions.

Reactions: 1 user