Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine (KSUCPM) Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weirdy

Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to Kent State as of today.

Stats:
3.37 GPA
496 MCAT
Lots of volunteer tutor hours
No clinical volunteer (I explained that I have a big passion in education and tutoring and I spent all my volunteer time on that)
Offered a 5k first year scholarship.

Any questions lmk.

Reactions: 1 user
I have been accepted to Kent State as of today.

Stats:
3.37 GPA
496 MCAT
Lots of volunteer tutor hours
No clinical volunteer (I explained that I have a big passion in education and tutoring and I spent all my volunteer time on that)
Offered a 5k first year scholarship.

Any questions lmk
Congrats! 🎉 🎊

I submitted my application last week. Would you mind answer these questions: How long did your application get verified? How was the interview?

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! 🎉 🎊

I submitted my application last week. Would you mind answer these questions: How long did your application get verified? How was the interview?

Thank you so much!
It takes some time with submitting the MCAT, getting letters of rec, all that stuff. Probably about a week. I also submitted mine early in the cycle because it can be rolling so as it goes, first come, first served. Then it gets verified. Then schools are usually really quick at at least acknowledging your submission. I got offered an interview from Kent, DMU, and Barry the next day or pretty soon after. They're really good at getting back. Scholl and NY took like another week or two.

The interview was really good. It's very laid back. I've only interviewed at Kent but that's my first choice so I'm likely going to cancel my others. I may still interview at a few more anyway. They'll ask you stuff about your grades and any blips. If you do just explain them and don't act like you did stellar if you have had roadblocks. I had a 2.6 semester due to some really difficult things I was dealing with outside of school. I explained why that was and what I did to continue and that I got a 3.5 and 3.7 my next 2 years. Then they gave me a surprise question...not one you can really prepare for. Something like, what are your favorite books and why...if I gave you $1000 how would you spend it...if you hated science what would you be doing. Be personable and make the answer about something you cate about and are passionate about. They love personality and passion. Only like 30 mins. Also utilize the time to ask questions. Ask specific to the school and area, not just "why did you choose podiatry". What do you love about the community...what do you do to give back...all that stuffs.

You got it, keep me posted mate.

Good luck!

It takes some time with submitting the MCAT, getting letters of rec, all that stuff. Probably about a week. I also submitted mine early in the cycle because it can be rolling so as it goes, first come, first served. Then it gets verified. Then schools are usually really quick at at least acknowledging your submission. I got offered an interview from Kent, DMU, and Barry the next day or pretty soon after. They're really good at getting back. Scholl and NY took like another week or two.

The interview was really good. It's very laid back. I've only interviewed at Kent but that's my first choice so I'm likely going to cancel my others. I may still interview at a few more anyway. They'll ask you stuff about your grades and any blips. If you do just explain them and don't act like you did stellar if you have had roadblocks. I had a 2.6 semester due to some really difficult things I was dealing with outside of school. I explained why that was and what I did to continue and that I got a 3.5 and 3.7 my next 2 years. Then they gave me a surprise question...not one you can really prepare for. Something like, what are your favorite books and why...if I gave you $1000 how would you spend it...if you hated science what would you be doing. Be personable and make the answer about something you cate about and are passionate about. They love personality and passion. Only like 30 mins. Also utilize the time to ask questions. Ask specific to the school and area, not just "why did you choose podiatry". What do you love about the community...what do you do to give back...all that stuffs.

You got it, keep me posted mate.

Good luck!
Hi,

Thank you so much for this detailed response. It helped a lot! Again, congrats!!!
Hopefully I can hear back soon.

Got an interview invite today! Submitted my app yesterday at 9am, got verified at 1am, and got an email inviting me to interview at 8:30 this morning. Im really excited. Kent is my top choice.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted today!!! With a 10k scholarship!

cGPA: 3.35 sGPA: 3.2
MCAT: 507
Clinical experience: 1200 hours+ as MA
Volunteering: 25 hours wildlife rehabilitation (lol)
Shadowing: 12 hours

Hi Everyone!

I was accepted Aug 20th, 2021 for the class of 2025 but chose to defer enrollment to the class of 2026.

cGPA: 3.2 (including Post-bacc)
sGPA: 3.0 (including Post-bacc)
MCAT: 495
Clinical Experience: 1500+ hours as an EMT and a Clinical Technician in a Cardio/Heart Failure ICU
General Volunteering: 50 hours
Clinical Volunteering: 100+ hours between ED volunteer and volunteer EMT
Shadowing: 50+ hours between cardiology, ortho, surg and ED. Ironically, I knew PODMed was for me bc all of my other shadowing didn't really interest me.

5k scholarship.

Feel free to ask me anything!

Congrats to those accepted!!! I am nostalgic now that I'm almost done. Enjoy the time and don't forget to make time for friends/family/fun :)

Reactions: 1 users
Got accepted last week and now beginning to face the reality of moving and starting a new life which is both exciting and nerve wrecking. Already looking at apartments and downtown Cleveland is only a 10-15min drive from campus which is nice. The rent around isn’t too bad (I live in the east coast where a shoe box is prob $1200+ so the prices im seeing so far is reasonable). All in all, I’m ready for my next chapter and that chapter will prob include some of you guys here :)

Reactions: 2 users
Can you submit your application without your LOR? Or do you need to have them before submitting in order to get verified?

Got accepted last week and now beginning to face the reality of moving and starting a new life which is both exciting and nerve wrecking. Already looking at apartments and downtown Cleveland is only a 10-15min drive from campus which is nice. The rent around isn’t too bad (I live in the east coast where a shoe box is prob $1200+ so the prices im seeing so far is reasonable). All in all, I’m ready for my next chapter and that chapter will prob include some of you guys here :)
I usually do a lot at school with incoming first years/premat/etc. Sad I won't be there when you guys start. Don't ever hesitate to reach out on here though.

When are you moving to Ohio? Did you find somewhere to live yet? There should be an email list you can get which has places people are trying to find a renter for or people looking for roommates. Just ask admin. If you have already found somewhere, hoping that bit of info helps someone else!

Can you submit your application without your LOR? Or do you need to have them before submitting in order to get verified?
I can't remember because it's been since 2017, but don't you just send them directly to the school or has that changed? If you send them to the school, you should be able to submit your app and then will just need to submit them later. You can also email the school if you are unsure. Admin at Kent is pretty amazing.

I was accepted without having all of my LORs. You'll just need to submit them before school starts.

Reactions: 1 users
Word from the wise: highly reconsider coming here. Professors are not great, podiatry is dying, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.