kentucky faculty and NBDE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kentuckybird

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
there is new rumor going around at University of Kentucky and University of Louisville. i want to get opinions from the forum. kentucky now does not require new foreign dentist faculty to pass NBDE 1 and 2. but if current students at kentucky fail NBDE they cannot graduate. is this fair? rumor is that there is a foreign faculty at kentucky who cannot even pass the boards. all im saying is why do students have to pass it?

Members don't see this ad.

there is new rumor going around at University of Kentucky and University of Louisville. i want to get opinions from the forum. kentucky now does not require new foreign dentist faculty to pass NBDE 1 and 2. but if current students at kentucky fail NBDE they cannot graduate. is this fair? rumor is that there is a foreign faculty at uk who cannot even pass the boards. all im saying is why do students have to pass it?

Yes rumor is true but faculty and students are fighting it at UKY. He is an endodontist from Columbia trying to find a way to stay in US because his visa is about to expire say the rumors. He is a loser and likes to hit on good looking first years. Students think it is unfair because it is required of them to become a dentist but not for faculty who teach students. These are the politics at any institution.......

Members don't see this ad :)
many foreign faculty cannot practice outside the academic environment ie they have a limited license esp if they're considered visiting professor.

Yes rumor is true but faculty and students are fighting it at UKY. He is an endodontist from Columbia trying to find a way to stay in US because his visa is about to expire say the rumors. He is a loser and likes to hit on good looking first years. Students think it is unfair because it is required of them to become a dentist but not for faculty who teach students. These are the politics at any institution.......

Is he from the South American country Columbia or the University of Columbia?

there is new rumor going around at University of Kentucky and University of Louisville. i want to get opinions from the forum. kentucky now does not require new foreign dentist faculty to pass NBDE 1 and 2. but if current students at kentucky fail NBDE they cannot graduate. is this fair? rumor is that there is a foreign faculty at kentucky who cannot even pass the boards. all im saying is why do students have to pass it?

this is a dumb question.

I'd like to remind everyone that this is a public forum, and as such, it is read by anyone, including faculty at KU. Please use a little more discretion when posting remarks about a fellow colleague in the dental profession.