Kentucky(KYCO) vs. Salus (PCO)

Started by JD0911
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JD0911

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I was wondering if anyone can help me outweigh the two programs. Any experience or your own personal thoughts would be great

Kentucky is a newer school, super tiny town, yet to have a graduating class yet has the latest and greatest technology, iPads and laptops are given to the students as well. Barely any clinic until 2nd year (when you get white coats) and they do not have an on campus or even real clinic. Yet a class of only 60.

Salus has a much larger class and obviously has been around much longer. Their clinic is much more developed and has a greater patient base and sooner exposure to patients in clinic. The cost of living is much higher and I would still have to purchase a new laptop or iPad and their school seems a little older, building wise besides the new virtual reality lab.

Thank you!!
 
I’m a first year student at KYCO, and I love it here. One of the students in my class has a brother at Salus, but I don’t really know how the two schools compare. I love the small town atmosphere here, and I think so far it’s a great program.

Most programs don’t get a ton of clinical exposure until 2nd year anywhere, but you still get a lot of clinical training. I know some of the other schools don’t cover the skill set that we’ve covered so far in their first year, and with KY’s full scope of practice we will get more extensive training on surgical procedures than most colleges cover. It’s true that the on campus clinic isn’t really a thing here, but there are a lot of satellite clinics that we will be commuting to during our third year to see a large patient base (including the local hospital).

As a first year student I’d totally recommend KYCO, but I wish you the best wherever you end up!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, how is KYCO?? I applied there also, I really want to go there. Can you tell me what your stats were? I have experience, a decent GPA, but a low OAT score which I will be retaking. But I had went ahead and applied there just to see..
They do require a 300AA for acceptance.