PassinGas

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
Status
My last ROL challenge...
I know it's another one of THOSE threads, but I would appreciate any thoughts about these two programs:
Kentucky (Lexington)
Ochsner (New Orleans)

belle007

10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Status
Kentucky is a great program, but I know someone who left because he couldn't take working so much. He loved it but had to leave. Oschner is the opposite. It is extremely cake, though I've heard almost too easy. This is all hearsay though.

PassinGas said:
My last ROL challenge...
I know it's another one of THOSE threads, but I would appreciate any thoughts about these two programs:
Kentucky (Lexington)
Ochsner (New Orleans)

Swaydaa

15+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2004
Chicago
Visit site
Status
PassinGas said:
My last ROL challenge...
Kentucky (Lexington)
Ochsner (New Orleans)

Oshner never goes half way down thier rank list...they are pretty nice.

txdoc2b

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2004
TX
Visit site
Status
belle007 said:
Kentucky is a great program, but I know someone who left because he couldn't take working so much. He loved it but had to leave. Oschner is the opposite. It is extremely cake, though I've heard almost too easy. This is all hearsay though.

I interviewed at Oschner, and I kind of have to agree....not that I am one to look for somewhere that works me to death, but I do want to learn, and I just felt at Oschner, they just don't do enough. Call only 2-3 /month, but they are never in rooms on call, just covering hospital codes, lines, etc. (the CRNA's cover rooms) To me, call is when you should be learning a lot about anesthesia and gettig more independent. There was more, you can PM me if you want more info. I don't mean to bash and program...they were very nice, the hospital was super nice, etc.